Samsung Q80T and Sony X950H combine with a high refresh rate to deliver fantastic watching time with a crystal-clear picture. However, if you desire to get the better ones, I highly recommend thinking about the Samsung Q80T. Read below the reason in detail-
Why do I recommend you the Samsung Q80T?
- Samsung Q80T combines a 4k Quantum Processor that can upscale the low-quality picture with the help of AI, and thus it provides you with vibrant and sharp images. In contrast, Sony X950H comes with an X1 Ultimate that cannot give you the same images as the Samsung Q80T.
- The device comes with an excellent QLED full array display technology to deliver detailed dark scenes and brighter highlights. On the other hand, the Sony X950 is designed with LED technology which is less robust than QLED.
- The Samsung Q80T features an ultra viewing angle and anti-glare, which helps decrease glare and increase color. Plus, it can give you a vibrant image -it does not matter where you sit before the TV. In comparison, its competitor Sony X950H combines an X-Wide angle.
- Four built-in adjustable TV speakers have been featured with the Samsung Q80T that will help you to get an excellent sound quality, whereas the Sony X950H comes with only two speakers.
- It is available in five different sizes (50inches, 55”, 65”,75”, 85”) that allow you to choose according to o your desire. But, the Sony X950H has only two different sizes (65” and 75”). So, if you go with the Samsung Q80T, you will have more options to choose from.
- Built-in voice control of Amazon Alexa has been combined with the Samsung Q80T, which lets you direct the TV fast and effortlessly. Plus, it has google assistant and Bixby as well. On another side, Sony X950H has only a general Amazon Alexa voice control.
To choose the better television for creating your smart home one step forward, I would highly recommend you to go with the Samsung Q80T, thinking about the advanced features that I have mentioned above here in this article.
Similarities Between Samsung Q80T vs. Sony X950H
- Samsung Q80T and Sony X950H have Dolby vision that lets you watch cinematic views with immersive sound quality.
- The refresh rate of these two televisions is 120Hz which decreases the motion blur. They have game mode, and you can use them as PlayStation, which helps you move your gaming experience to the next level.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) is featured with the Samsung Q80T and Sony X950H. This lets you enjoy more attractive colors with more contrast levels, and it develops brightness as well.
- These televisions are combined with a powerful Bluetooth version 4.2 that helps you connect these TVs with your smart devices wirelessly in no time.
- You will get a one-year limited warranty with these two Samsung and sony television. So, if you see any manufacturer defect in this limited time, you can get free repairing service from the company.
Quick Comparison Chart: Samsung Q80T vs Sony X950H
|Specifications||Samsung Q80T||Sony X950H|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Picture Processor||Quantum Processor 4K||X1 Ultimate|
|Display Technology||QLED (Full Array)||LED (Advanced Full-Array)|
|Viewing Angle||Ultra Viewing Angle||X-Wide Angle|
|Size Variant||Five different sizes (50inches, 55”, 65”,75”, 85”)||Two different sizes (65” and 75”)|
|Voice Assistant||Built-in Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Bixby||Amazon Alexa|
|Weight||88.8 pounds||52.3 pounds|
|Display Resolution||4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160)||4K HDR (3840 x 2160)|
|Product Dimension||65.8 x 12.5 x 40.8 inches||57.13 x 14 x 35.75 inches|
|Refresh Rate||120 Hz||X-Motion Clarity – 120HZ|
|Netflix Calibrated Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Bluetooth||Yes (version4.2)||Yes (version4.2)|
|Dolby Vision & Atmos||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 year limited||1 year limited|
Differences and Similarities between Samsung Q80T vs. Sony X950H
Design and Display
Samsung Q80T and Sony X950H come with a stunning outlook that can make you impressed at the first look. But, when it comes to talking about the picture processor, Samsung Q80T is the ultimate boss over the Sony X950H. The Samsung Q80T is designed with Quantum Processor 4k that increases the photo quality and will provide you with some fantastic images with the help of AI. On the other hand, the Sony X950H offers you an X1 Ultimate processor that can also deliver some good views but not like Samsung Q80T.
You will get a QLED screen with the Samsung Q80T that is far better than the LED screen of the Sony X950H. The Full array QLED can direct the backlights and provide more profound contrast for brighter whites and improved blacks. Besides, the Sony X950H is designed with LED (Advanced Full-Array) that can give you a good user experience.
Both of these TV is combined with high dynamic range (HDR) capability. Though it is a new feature for a 4k television, it delivers you upgraded brightness, more contrast levels, and more colors.
The Samsung Q80T is a heavy-weight TV because of its upgraded properties of 88.8 pounds with 65.8 x 12.5 x 40.8 inches of product dimension. Compared to this, the Sony X950H is a lightweight device of only 52.3 pounds with 57.13 x 14 x 35.75 inches of item dimension.
So, who is the winner here? To me, it is the Samsung Q80T.
It is one of the essential features you should know before purchasing a TV. Therefore, Samsung Q80T comes with an Ultra viewing Angle that increases color plus decreases glare, and offers you some vibrant pictures. For these, it lets you watch movies from any angle. You can enjoy exciting films with your family members or guest together with a crystal-clear scene. Nevertheless, the Sony X950H comes with an X-wide view that also can provide you with a perfect view from different angles, but it can not offer you like the Samsung Q80T.
Samsung Q80T has propertied with four built-in speakers, two at the top of the TV and two at the bottom, giving you a perfect sound quality following the actions.
But, you will enjoy the acoustic multi-audio sound with the Sony X950H, which can give you immersive listening time. In addition, it has a two-speaker that tweeter matching with the pictures and thus provides you excellent sound combination.
So, this time the Samsung Q80T is the ultimate winner.
These 4k TVs can be the ultimate choice for their advanced gaming mode if you are a gamer. The Samsung Q80T and the Sony X950H are designed with a dedicated gaming mode that will help you to upgrade your gaming experience. These TVs are more responsive and smother for gamers.
Smart Control and Bluetooth Connection
Samsung Q80T and Sony X950H are two Android smart TV that lets you direct them with your voice. The Samsung Q80T is combined with Built-in Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Bixby that help you to run the television using your voice only. You just ask Alexa, and it will do according to your direction, search for movies and shows, play music, change the channel, control your smart home gadgets, and many more. What you have to do to connect with Alexa is press your remote control mic button.
These two television have a 4.2 Bluetooth version that can help you get excellent connectivity with your other smart devices without using any wire.
Remote control systems are integrated with this television, and you can connect your TV with the remote control. Thus, you can have an effortless user experience with these two TV. One of the best parts of this remote is that a microphone has been featured on the remote that eases everything for you.
A one-year limited warranty is available with these two Android televisions that will cover a free repair caused by manufacturers. So, if you see any producers defect, you can get a free service in this limited time. But, you have to keep safe these gadgets from all types of harming by yourself; otherwise, the contract will not work anymore.
At last, I would highly urge you to consider the Samsung Q80T for its upgraded features. For your help, it has a 4k Quantum Processor that can upscale the low-quality picture, excellent QLED full array display technology, ultra viewing angle and anti-glare, and four built-in adjustable TV speakers. Plus, the device has five different sizes with built-in voice control of Amazon Alexa.
But, if you are convinced with the weight of the Sony X950H, you can purchase it, but my recommendation is Samsung Q80T.
Frequently Asked Questions about Samsung Q80T vs. Sony X950H
What picture processor has been used with the Samsung Q80T?
The Samsung Q80T is designed with a 4k Quantum Processor that will help you to get better performance even from the low-quality pictures.
How many size variants are available in the market for Samsung Q80T?
There are five different sizes (50inches, 55”, 65”,75”, 85”) available for the Samsung Q80T. So, you can purchase any size that matches your requirement.
Are the Samsung Q80T and the Sone X950H compatible with High Dynamic Range (HDR)?
Yes, the Samsung Q80T and the Sone X950H are compatible with HDR, can help you get more contrast levels and colors, plus it upscales the brightness.
What is the refresh rate of the Samsung Q80T and the Sone X950H?
You will get an incredible refresh rate with the Samsung Q80T and the Sone X950H of 120Hz, the highest in number.
Read related articles here –