Samsung S20 Ultra and S20 Plus are 5G compatible flagship devices that have some similar properties, but the S20 Ultra combines with superior features. So, you should pick the Samsung S20 Ultra phone.
Why You Should Pick Samsung S20 Ultra?
- The S20 Ultra is built with a 5000mAh battery compared to the S20 Plus 4500mAh battery. You can expect this device to provide a longer backup than its competitor.
- Both have a fast charging function, but the S20 Ultra does it quicker than S20 Plus. It has a 45W charger, whereas its rival comes with a 25W charger. Therefore, this helps to charge your phone quicker.
- You can capture stunning selfies, as well as beautiful images in any light with its pro-quality camera. The S20 Ultra feature has a 40MP selfie camera, including a triple rear camera which has 12MP + 108MP + 48MP resolution. At the same time, the S20 Plus provides a 10MP selfie camera with a 12MP + 12MP + 64MP triple camera.
- This cell phone, built with an exceptional 6.9-inches display with a 120Hz refresh rate, makes the device effortless to operate. Besides, the S20 Plus has a 6.7-inches display that is a bit smaller. Since the S20 Ultra has a good display with an impressive refresh rate, this could be your best choice.
These were the major differences and upgraded features of the Samsung S20 Ultra, which makes it a better phone. If you want to change your old phone, and upgrade to a new one, you should consider this one rather than the S20 Plus.
Similar Features of the Galaxy S20 Ultra and S20 Plus
- Both combine with the Android 10 operating system with Samsung Exynos 990 processor. This makes the device operate smoother than any device on the market.
- The S20 Ultra and S20 Plus have 12GB RAM, and this helps to render data processing quicker.
- They have an AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate so that using the device under direct sunlight is easier.
- They feature Dolby Atmos technology to give you the feel of sound around you.
Samsung S20 Ultra and S20 Plus – Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Samsung S20 Ultra||Samsung S20 Plus|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Fast Wireless Charging||Yes, 45W||Yes, 25W|
|Front Camera||40MP Selfie Camera||10MP|
|Processor||Samsung Exynos 990||Samsung Exynos 990|
|Weight||7.8 ounces||6.6 ounces|
|OS||Android 10||Android 10|
|Audio||Dolby Atmos technology (Surround Sound)||Dolby Atmos technology (Surround Sound)|
|Network & Connectivity||5G||5G|
|4K UHD & 8K video recording||4K UHD & 8K video recording|
|Dimension||7.3 x 3.7 x 2.6 inches||7.1 x 3.6 x 2.44 inches|
|Warranty||12 Months||12 Months|
Differences and Similarities between Samsung S20 Ultra and S20 Plus
Operating System & Processor
These two devices have an Android 10 operating system and work with the Exynos 990 processor.
Samsung Exynos 990 chipset improves the phone’s performance, loads high-resolution videos, and much more. Moreover, they paired with the next-gen 5G technology that gives fast upload and downloads.
Samsung S20 Ultra and S20 Plus have AMOLED display technology with a 120Hz refresh rate.
The Ultra display size is 6.9-inches, while the Plus is 6.7-inches. Since the S20 Ultra has a slightly larger screen, hence using this device is more comfortable.
But if you are okay with a 6.7-inches display, you should go with this. Anyhow, the AMOLED display ensures using the device under direct sunlight plus changes the settings if needed.
The S20 Ultra battery capacity is superior to its brother.
It has a 5000mAh battery, while the S20 Plus includes a 4500mAh battery. Though battery capacity is different in both devices, they have an algorithm. It knows how you optimize the battery and give more backup to you.
You will find both devices have massive storage, so you don’t need to remove any important files. In addition, both devices have 12GB RAM, which helps to render data processing quicker.
But the S20 Plus offers 512GB internal storage, in contrast, the S20 Ultra combines with 128 GB storage.
Additionally, the memory can be expandable to 1TB, and if you need it, you can expand it.
Samsung S20 Ultra is built with a Pro 108MP camera, whereas the S20 Plus has a 64MP resolution. In addition, the S20 Ultra also provides a 40MP selfie camera, in contrast, S20 Plus gives a 10MP camera.
With the Samsung Ultra, you can capture stunning portraits in both daylight and night. As well, it lets you capture some amazing & crisp photos.
When it comes to video recording, S20 Ultra and S20 Plus are the same.
The devices let you record video at 4k and 8k, 1080p & 720p HD.
The 4K recording can be done at 60fps while the 4k at 24fps. In addition, the shooting speed features super steady, slow-motion, Hyperlapse.
When it comes to the size, the S20 Plus is smaller and lightweight than S20 Ultra.
It measures 7.1 x 3.6 x 2.44 inches with 6.6 ounces. Whereas the S20 Ultra dimensions are 7.3 x 3.7 x 2.6 inches, and it weighs 7.8 ounces.
There’s a little difference, therefore the S20 Ultra is the right choice for you because it is packed with top-notch functions.
These Samsung devices have an IP68 rating which makes them dust and water-resistant. Both can stay under 1.5 meters of freshwater for 30 minutes.
Furthermore, Samsung covers a one-year warranty on their cell phones. So if you cannot use your device due to any manufacturer issues, they will repair it for you. Additionally, you can replace the phone with a new one.
The Samsung S20 Ultra and S20 Plus devices improved to the 5G network. The 5G changes your experience plus takes everything to the next level you love. Galaxy S20 Ultra and S20 Plus make sure you get the highest upload and download speeds. So play the game harder, plus experience more.
Samsung S20 Ultra and S20 Plus share many similarities, but the S20 Ultra has superior features to other ones. The S20 Ultra offers a 108MP camera compared to the 64MP camera of the S20 Plus.
Also, it has improved battery capacity, and fast charging, plus other features that make it an outstanding choice. So you can select the Samsung S20 Ultra.
But if you are slightly off-budget, Samsung S20 Plus could be your best bet, instead, you can choose this either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Samsung S20 Ultra vs S20 Plus
Are they Unlocked versions?
Yes, the S20 Ultra and S20 Plus are the unlocked version, so you can use Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, or any carrier you want.
What is the S20 Ultra RAM?
This device features 8GB RAM, including 128GB internal storage. Also, you can increase the memory up to 1TB.
Do they offer wireless fast charging?
Yes, both devices offer wireless fast charging, but there’s a slight difference. S20 Ultra charger is 45W, while the S20 Plus charger is 25W.
Does the S20 Ultra Snapdragon Version?
Yes, the phone combines with the Snapdragon 865 version makes the device perform smoother.
What is the Audio feature?
You will get impressive Dolby Surround Sound Audio from both Samsung devices.
You may have interest in –