Why choose the Samsung S20?
- The S20 device features Android 10, and it makes the phone run smoothly, plus quicker. Besides, the S10 Plus, operated with Android 9 that is slightly slower.
- You will get the next-level 5G network on the S20 which increases your phone’s upload and download speed. However, the S10 Plus device does not have this function.
- This phone is lighter than the S10 Plus. It is only 5.7 ounces, whereas the other device is 6.17 ounces. The weight makes this phone very reliable to carry.
- The S20 has a 120Hz refresh rate that increases the phone’s performance and speed. In contrast, the S10 Plus has a 60Hz refresh rate.
These were the latest features of the Samsung S20 phone that make it better than the S10 Plus. Therefore, if you need a device with high-end performance, this would be a better option.
Samsung S20 vs S10 Plus: Similar Features
- The S10 Plus and S20 devices come with a 15W fast charger so that you get a fully charged phone within a matter of time.
- Both have an AMOLED display, thus the device works efficiently when you are under direct sunlight.
- These two are very durable because they combine with the IP68 rated.
- You will get the same 10MP front camera and 12MP rear camera on these devices. And you can capture stunning images.
- They are equipped with the Exynos 9820 processor, which increases the phone’s speed.
- Samsung S20 and S20 Plus have 8GB RAM with 128GB internal storage that is massive and processes the phone’s data quicker.
Samsung S20 vs S10 Plus: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Samsung S20||Samsung S10 Plus|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Operating System||Android 10||Android 9|
|Dimension||6.7 x 3.4 x 2.44 inches||6.20 x 2.92 x 0.31 in|
|Weight||5.7 ounces||6.17 oz|
|Display Size||6.2 inches||6.4 inches|
|Fast Charging||Yes, 15W||Yes, 15W|
|Processor||Exynos 9820||Exynos 9820|
|Warranty||12 Months||12 Months|
Differences and Similarities between the Samsung S20 vs S10 Plus
Samsung S20 and S10 Plus will deliver you the high-end performance that you need to operate your device.
Both of them combine with the Exynos 9820 processor that helps to increase the phones’ performance. The processor ensures the data processing faster so that you get smooth performance every time.
Furthermore, these two offer 8 GB RAM with 128 GB internal storage. The storage capacity also has effects on the performance. The storage helps to process data quicker, as well as you can extend the memory if you need it.
Samsung S20 is built with a 4000mAh battery, at the same time, the Samsung S10 Plus has a 4100mAh battery capacity.
Therefore, both devices are almost the same when it comes to battery life. They can last for 37 hours with a single charge, but if you use the phone for heavy-duty tasks, the battery will drain soon.
The S20 and S10 Plus devices offer a 15W charger that helps charge up the battery from zero to 100 percent within a matter of time.
These two Samsung devices offer an AMOLED display so that you can use the phone efficiently under direct sunlight.
However, the S20 has a 6.2 inches screen while the S10 Plus is equipped with a 6.4 inches screen. So, in terms of screen size and technology, both are almost the same.
But the refresh rates of these devices are different, which changes the whole game. Fortunately, the Samsung S20 has a 120Hz refresh rate compared to the Samsung S10 Plus’s 60Hz.
And 120Hz refresh rate makes the device perform smoothly every time, plus it helps to load data quicker. Therefore, you should consider the Samsung S20.
Both Samsung devices have a pro-grade camera so that you are capable of capturing stunning images.
The S20 and S10 Plus share the same resolution. They have a 10MP front camera, whereas the S10 Plus also has an 8MP portrait lens. And you will get a super 12MP + 16MP + 12MP rear camera.
Their camera is also great at video capturing and allows you to click incredible 4k, 8k videos.
Samsung S20 is built with an outstanding 5G network that increases its upload and download speed. At the same time, the Samsung S10 Plus doesn’t have a 4G network, so it can’t give you the performance like the S20.
Size and Weight
Before purchasing a phone, you need to think about the size and weight. Then, if you decide what kind of phone you want, bulky or a compact one, this will reduce your stress during shopping time. The Samsung S20 dimension and weight are 6.7 x 3.4 x 2.44 inches and 5.7 ounces, respectively.
In contrast, the Samsung S10 Plus phone measures 6.20 x 2.92 x 0.31 inches with a 6.17 oz weight. There’s a little difference between them, yet if you want a compact one, Samsung S20 is the way to go.
Usually, Samsung devices cover a one-year limited warranty for the manufacturer’s defects. Or, if your device stopped working within this period due to a software or hardware issue, then you can ask for a free repair service.
But you have to make sure, they purchased from an authorized store.
These two are built to last since they use high-end material, as well as these devices, are IP68 rated. So these two are water and dust-resistant.
Samsung S20 is better than S10 Plus because it is equipped with advanced functions. For example, the S20 has a 5G network, more refresh rate, and is lightweight than its competitor. Also, it has Android 10 OS, so grabbing this one would be the best bet.
But if you are under budget, you can select the Samsung S10 Plus either. It has the same processor, memory as the S20 version.
Frequently Asked Questions about Samsung S20 vs S10 Plus
Do they have a warranty?
Yes, they offer a limited one-year warranty from the original date you purchase the phone.
Are they 5G compatible?
Only the Samsung S20 device is 5G compatible, but the S10 is not.
Can I use any mobile carrier?
Sure, these Samsung devices are unlocked versions, and you can use the mobile carrier you want.
How much is the Samsung S20 storage?
The device is built with 128GB of internal storage that can be extended.
What is the Samsung S10 Plus processor?
The Samsung S10 Plus phone combined with the Exynos 9820 processor makes the phone very responsive.
You may have interest in –