Samsung S20 and S20 Ultra are both provide smooth performance. But Samsung S20 Ultra’s better software and hardware make it a high-speed device. So, I highly recommend Samsung S20 Ultra.
Why I Recommend Samsung S20 Ultra?
- It has 12GB RAM, whereas the S20 is built with 8GB RAM. A 12GB RAM improves the phone performance and delivers smooth usability, also, it could max out your games as well.
- The most significant difference is S20 Ultra has 100X space zoom, so you can zoom in super close and capture high-resolution images with clarity. On the contrary, S20 has only 30X space zoom.
- The S20 Ultra comes with a 5,000mAh battery, and the S20 provides a 4,000mAh battery. However, the S20 Ultra device will use an algorithm that learns how you optimize the power, thus it saves the battery plus lets you use it all day long without draining.
- S20 Ultra provides a 40MP selfie camera versus a 10MP camera of the S20. Hence, with this device, you can capture stunning selfie images with details.
- It combines with a 6.9-inches display, whereas the previous version has 6.2-inches. So the large screen of the S20 Ultra allows you to use it more comfortably.
High speedy performance, Better camera resolution, Extra battery power, and Smooth usability of S20 Ultra will take your experience to another level. That’s why I suggest Samsung S20 Ultra.
Similar Features of Galaxy S20 and S20 Ultra
- They have Exynos 990 processor and an Android 10 operating system that increases the device speed for the fastest action.
- Samsung S20 and S20 Ultra come up with a triple rear camera so that you can capture crisp images in any light.
- Both are IP68 rated makes them water and dustproof. So, your device will remain protected.
- The devices have a 120Hz refresh rate that increases the speed for smooth usability.
- These two features USB-C connector plus have a fast-charged function.
These are the similar functions you are gonna enjoy if you buy any of the Samsung S20 or S20 Ultra. But if you want super performance with improved features then you should pick Samsung S20 Ultra.
Samsung S20 vs S20 Ultra – Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Samsung S20||Samsung s20 Ultra|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Selfie Camera||10MP||40MP Selfie Camera|
|Display Size||6.2 inches||6.9″|
|Processor||Samsung Exynos 990||Samsung Exynos 990|
|Operating System||Android 10||Android 10|
|Operating System||Android 10||Android 10|
|Size||6.7 x 3.4 x 2.44 inches||7.3 x 3.7 x 2.6 inches|
|Weight||5.7 ounces||7.8 ounces|
|Video Recording||4K UHD & 8K video recording||4K UHD & 8K video recording|
|5G Ready||Sub 6||Sub 6|
|Warranty||12 Months||12 Months|
Differences and Similarities Between Samsung S20 and S20 Ultra
Operating System and Processor
The S20 and S20 Ultra are built with the Android 10 operating system, including the Samsung Exynos 990 processor. They have a powerful processing capacity that makes them operate faster.
The processor delivers efficient machine learning performance. The S20 and S20 Ultra have combined advanced image processing technologies, and the AI enables the camera to produce pro images, load high-end games, and extend the phone’s capabilities.
Samsung S20 Ultra has a 5,000mAh battery, on the other side, the S20 feature a 4,000mAh battery. S20 Ultra offers you longer battery life than its little brother. It also won’t drain the battery quickly like the S20.
The device will use an algorithm depending on how you use the phone, thus it helps save the battery life, also gives you all day long battery life. However, both provide wireless fast charging, so you don’t need to wait for much to charge your device fully.
The S20 Ultra has 12GB RAM, in contrast, the S20 delivers 8GB RAM, but both have 128GB internal storage. Anyhow, the 12GB RAM is slightly faster makes the device run smoothly. At the same time, with the massive 128GB storage, you never need to delete any important files.
Furthermore, the storage can be expandable to 1TB, but the memory card does not come with the phone. You need to purchase it separately.
When it comes to the camera, both give triple rear camera with 108MP wide-angle, 48MP telephoto with 12MP ultra-wide camera. The devices also feature depth vision so that you can capture stunning, crisp, high-class photos in any light.
But in terms of the selfie camera, the S20 Ultra is better because it gives 40MP resolution compared to the 10MP of the S20. If you want to capture the best selfies, then S20 Ultra should be your choice.
Since these phones have incredible triple cameras, so you can capture impressive videos with them as well. The device allows you to record video in 4k and 8k at 24fps and create slow-motion videos. Additionally, while playing the 8K video, the devices can take 33MP still photos.
Samsung S20 has a 6.2-inches display, while the S20 Ultra comes up with a 6.9-inches display. Both have an AMOLED display that makes sure you can see everything clearly on the screen, even under sunlight. In addition, they have a 120Hz refresh rate which ensures the phone runs faster.
Size & Weight
If you are searching for a lightweight device, the S20 is the right choice for you because the S20 Ultra is 7.8 ounces, and the S20 is 5.7 ounces. So, it is very reliable to carry.
Also, the S20 dimensions are 6.7 x 3.4 x 2.44 inches, on the other side, the Ultra device is 7.3 x 3.7 x 2.6 inches. The S20 Ultra is heavier and slightly larger than the S20.
Both Galaxy devices give you the next-level power because they combine with the 5G network. You can game harder, share more with your device, browsing the internet faster than ever. The 5G network ensures you never miss a beat. The 5G also maximizes the mobile upload and download speed.
These are IP68 rated, which means the devices are water and dustproof. Your Samsung can stay 6 meters of fresh water for 30 minutes.
Moreover, they cover a 12-month warranty for any manufacturer defects. Or if the devices are Dead from the date of arrival, you can replace them with a new one or get a full refund.
Samsung S20 and S20 Ultra are very similar phone, but the S20 Ultra include slightly better features that’s why this would be the best choice for you. But if you are okay with the S20 performance, battery life, then choose the S20 instead.
Frequently Asked Questions about Samsung S20 vs S20 Ultra
|Do they have single or dual Sim?|
These two are US version cell phones that’s why both of the devices have a single Sim, and they are unlocked so you can use the carrier you want.
Is the S20 Ultra waterproof?
The device can stay under 6 meters of freshwater for 30 minutes, and it is splash and dustproof.
What will I get with the S20?
You will get the S20 device, a super-fast charger, and a USB-C cable with this phone.
What is the chipset of the S20 Ultra?
The device is compatible with the Samsung Exynos 990 chipset.
Are they 5G compatible?
Yes, both S20 and S20 Ultra devices are 5G compatible phones.
Check more related comparison from the below links –