You will find almost the same quality features on both Samsung S8 Plus and S9 Plus smartphones. But the Samsung S9 Plus would be the best option to go.
What Makes the Samsung S9 Plus the Best?
- The S9 Plus has Exynos 9810 processor, besides, S8 Plus has Exynos 8895. The 9810 processor is better than its competitor since it has a 20% faster CPU and download speed, increasing the phones’ performance.
- It is packed with 6 GB RAM, whereas its’ rival has 4 GB RAM. So, its RAM allows the device to run many apps at the same time, as well as it makes your phone faster.
- The S8 Plus has a single 12 MP rear camera, while you will get a dual 12 MP camera on this phone. And multiple cameras is an excellent addition as it can deliver a clear, smooth photo.
- Both Samsung phones are integrated with 64 GB of internal storage. But you can expand the memory up to 400 GB on this device, by contrast, the S8 Plus can increase memory up to 256 GB.
Samsung S8 Plus and S9 Plus have many features in common, but these functions made the S9 Plus an exceptional device. Therefore, you can choose this smartphone.
- Both have Android 8 operating systems that increase device privacy plus helps to improve performance.
- These devices are built with a 3500 mAh battery. It gives you 35 hours of Talktime, including 17 hours of video streaming.
- They have an AMOLED screen with a 60Hz refresh rate, and it refreshes your device every few seconds to give you a smooth performance.
- These two devices are water and dustproof that ensure durability. Also, they deliver a limited one-year warranty.
- Both phones include 64 GB internal storage capacity, which is expandable.
Samsung S8 Plus vs S9 Plus: Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Samsung S8 Plus||Samsung S9 Plus|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|RAM||4 GB||6 GB|
|Processor||Exynos 8895||Exynos 9810|
|Main Camera||12 MP||12 MP + 12 MP|
|Expandable Memory||256 GB||400 GB|
|Operating System||Android 8||Android 8|
|Battery||3,500 mAh||3,500 mAh|
|Dimension||6.2 x 2.8 x 0.31 inches||6.37 x 0.35 x 3.01 inches|
|Weight||6.10 oz||6.7 ounces|
|Display Size||6.2 Inches||6.2 Inches|
|Storage||64 GB||64 GB|
|Selfie Camera||8 MP||8 MP|
|Fast Charging||Yes, 15W||Yes, 15W|
|Warranty||12 Months||12 Months|
Differences and Similarities between Samsung S8 Plus and S9 Plus
These Samsung Galaxy devices have updated Exynos processors, and they help increase the device’s ability. But the S9 Plus has a better processor than the S8 Plus. It has Exynos 9810 processor, while the S8 Plus has Exynos 8895.
The 9810 offers a 20% faster speed, and it can read memory data 26MHz quicker and offers 20% more download and upload speed than the Samsung S8 Plus.
Moreover, they have an Android 8 OS version which helps the devices work quicker than ever. Anyhow, since the S9 Plus can deliver quicker performance, you can get this device.
Samsung S8 Plus has 4 GB RAM, also it has 64 GB internal storage. The 4 GB RAM can handle multi-task so you can effortlessly use the phone. Also, the 64 GB storage can be expandable to 256 GB.
On the other hand, Samsung S9 Plus has 6 GB RAM with 64 GB storage. And its RAM is better than the previous version. So it helps you use multiple apps at the same time but won’t slow down the phone. Moreover, you can expand the storage on the S9 Plus up to 400 GB.
These two Samsung devices combine with a 3500 mAh battery life. It gives you 35 hours of talk time and also 17 hours of video streaming hours. But the battery life may vary depending on your usage. However, they came up with a fast charger. So it takes a few minutes for the device to charge fully.
Samsung S9 Plus has a dual 12 MP rear camera, while the S8 Plus is built with a 12 MP rear camera. However, both of them have the same 8 MP front camera.
Anyhow, since the S9 Plus has a dual camera, it enhances the image quality more than its little brother. You can click on some stunning images with its camera. Moreover, it will reduce noise from the image or blurriness.
Furthermore, these devices can record video in 4K, 1080p, or 720p. In addition, these two Samsung cameras let you capture slow Mo or Hyperlapse video.
These Samsung Galaxy devices have a super AMOLED 6.2 inches display so that you can see everything when under sunlight. In addition, it will provide crisp, sharp detail. And their 60Hz refresh rate keeps refreshing the phone every few seconds just to make sure you get smoother performance.
While purchasing a cell phone, size or weight is also another important thing. Samsung S8 Plus and S9 Plus devices are lightweight so that you can carry the devices effortlessly. The S8 Plus is 6.10 Oz, while S9 Plus is 6.07. There’s a slight difference, yet the S9 Plus could be the best choice.
Besides, the Samsung S8 Plus measurements are 6.2 x 2.8 x 0.31 inches. And the S9 Plus device is 6.37 x 0.35 x 3.01 inches.
These two devices are IP68 certified so they can handle a little water or dust. But you should take care of your device if you want to use it for years. These also combine with a one-year warranty which works for any workmanship defects. The warranty is only available for the US and only if you purchase it from an authorized shop then it will be counted.
These devices are unlocked versions which means you can use any mobile carrier you want. Such as, you can use Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, or anything. Moreover, these phones can be used internationally.
Samsung S8 Plus and S9 Plus devices have fantastic features, but the S9 Plus is better. Therefore, if you did not yet make up your mind, we highly suggest the Galaxy S9 Plus.
The Galaxy S8 Plus is also good, but it won’t perform like the S9 Plus. That’s why you should consider the upgraded version.
Frequently Asked Questions about Samsung S8 Plus vs S9 Plus
What is the Samsung S9 plus battery capacity?
It is equipped with a 3500 mAh battery that provides up to 35 hours of Talktime and 17 hours of video streaming.
What is the S8 Plus storage capacity?
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus device combines with 4 GB RAM, including 64 GB internal storage.
Can I use Sprint carrier on the S9 Plus?
Sure, the device has an unlocked wireless carrier, so you can use Sprint or other mobile carriers you want.
Do they cover the warranty?
Yes, Samsung combines with a one-year limited warranty from the day you register the device.
Are they waterproof?
These Samsung devices are IP68 rated, which makes sure the phones’ are water and dust-resistant.
Which processor does the S9 Plus have?
It is built with Exynos 9810 processor.
You may have interest in –
- Samsung Galaxy S9 vs S9 Plus
- Samsung S8 vs S8 Plus
- Samsung S10 vs S10 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs S9
- Samsung S10 Lite vs S10e
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?