Both Schwinn IC2 and IC3 are very high-quality bikes and operate silently. These two bikes are worth every penny, yet I highly suggest the Schwinn IC3. It is extremely well plus to make a more stable ride, and the base is adjustable. The following I’ve shared the features made it a great bike.
What Difference Made the Schwinn IC3 the Best?
- The flywheel system creates the main difference between these two indoor exercise bikes. Schwinn IC3 has a heavier flywheel, plus it’s heavier to provide you a stable ride than the Schwinn IC2. It can handle up to 300 lbs weight while the IC2 model’s maximum capacity is 250 lbs.
- The bikes come with a console LCD to let you keep tracking your workout. The display will show you the distance level, speed, calories, time, and RPM. But you can also see your heart rate on the IC3, which is not available on the IC2 version. And it’s a cardio-kicking indoor bike that you can consider for you.
- You are allowed to move the seat both horizontally and vertically while the IC2 seat can adjust vertically. Schwinn IC3 offers the user-friendly adjustment, which is very convenient for short and tall people.
- It is built with a media rack holder so that you can keep your iPad or tablet in it. Besides, the Schwinn IC2 doesn’t contain the media rack, which is a little hassle.
- The indoor bikes require batteries to operate, and with that in mind, the Schwinn IC3 includes 2 AA batteries. But the Schwinn IC2 doesn’t have the battery; you need to purchase them separately.
Schwinn IC3 bike comes with these cool features that are missing in the IC2 model. It is a nice selection for the beginner, as well as, serious cyclist. If you think the IC3 will fit your needs and want to check its price, go through the button below.
Similarities of these two indoor bikes
- Schwinn IC2 and IC3 offer infinite resistance levels for the intense workout.
- They offer the same warranty period.
- Both are made with corrosion-resistant steel for durability.
- You can find the bikes have the same LCD.
|Specification||Schwinn IC2||Schwinn IC3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||45” x 23” x 49”||45” x 23” x 49”|
|Weight Capacity||250 lbs||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||No||Telemetry Enabled|
|Power Requirements||2 AA Batteries (Need to purchase separately)||2 AA Batteries (Included)|
|Display Readouts||RPM, Distance, Calories, Time, Speed||Heart Rate, RPM, |
Time, Speed, Calories, Distance
|Resistance System||Felt Pad||Felt Pad|
|Flywheel System||31 lb||40 lb|
|Seat||Race-Style Seat, Fore/Aft & Height Adjustable||Race-Style Seat, Fore/Aft & Height Adjustable|
|Warranty||Ten years on frame||Ten years on frame|
Differences and Similarities Between the Schwinn IC2 and IC3 Exercise Bike
Schwinn IC2 and IC3 designed for the serious cyclist plus the beginner in mind. They will give you the best experience since they are built with an awesome LCD console; also, the devices offer Bluetooth connectivity. Besides, the bikes come with infinite resistance levels. The handlebars and seats are made of padded for comfort. And the setas are adjustable to meet your fit. The bikes are built with corrosion-resistant steel for durability.
They are equipped with an average-sized console LCD. It lets you keep track of your workout; you can monitor the distance, calories, RPM’s, and time as well. Also, it will keep the previous exercise record, so you’ll know your improvements. But the Schwinn IC3 is smarter than the IC3 version, and it will display the heart rate.
The bikes required batteries to operate, and the Schwinn IC3 includes 2 AA batteries with the bike, on the other side, the Schwinn IC2 doesn’t. You’ll need to purchase the batteries separately. As the LCD will not work without batteries.
Water Bottle Holder and Media Rack
A water bottle holder and media device holder are convenient. The Schwinn IC3 built with an oversized water bottle and a multimedia device holder. On the other side, the IC2 only contains a water bottle holder so that you can stay hydrated all day long. However, the media-rack lets you keep your tablet or iPad to keep you engaged during the workout session.
Flywheel & Dual SPD Pedals
Schwinn IC2 flywheel is 31 lbs, while the IC3 flywheel is 40 lbs that is powered silently. The IC3 provides belt-drive, but the IC2 is chain driven. These two flywheels run smoothly, plus you can adjust the handlebars to your needs. The handlebars are padded to keep you comfortable during intense rides. The bikes offer your flexible dual SPD pedals. They use standard toe cages for the rides preferences.
Exercise bike seats should be comfortable; fortunately, Schwinn IC2 and IC3 seats are ventilated. The seats can be adjusted to your needs, but the IC2 seat can be adjusted vertically only. While the IC3 lets you adjust both vertically and horizontally.
In terms of weight capacity, the bikes are different. Schwinn IC2 provides 250 lbs maximum weight capacity while the IC3 has 300 lbs. That’s why you can consider the Schwinn IC3. Since it has better weight capacity than the previous one. Keep in mind, if you are more than 250 or 300 lbs, then you should not select them.
Schwinn IC2 and IC3 have the same warranty, which is only applicable for the original purchaser. The labor warranty is 90-days; electronic and mechanical comes with a one-year and two-years warranty, respectively. And the frame offers a ten-years warranty. It will cover any manufacturer issues on different parts, but if there are any damages due to usage, the warranty will not work.
You can ride on the Schwinn IC2 and IC3 bike perfectly than other exercise bikes. The bikes are the right choice for your exercise. However, according to my review, the Schwinn IC3 is better than the IC2. It offers more advantages and convenience than the IC2. You should consider the Schwinn IC3 for you, but if you have any budget issues, then Schwinn IC2 could be your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Schwinn IC2 and IC3
|Is IC3 bike chain driven?|
No, the Schwinn IC3 is belt-driven; on the other hand, the Schwinn IC2 is chain driven.
Can I switch the distance to the miles?
Yes, you can switch the distance to the miles instead of kilometers; the instruction guide contains everything, so read it properly.
Is it possible to fold the Schwinn bike?
No, the bike cannot fold, and the bike is around 95 lbs in weight, which is not difficult to move.
How can I adjust the handlebars?
If you’re standing in front of the bike, make your adjustment tighten, and all you need to do is turn the twist bar under the handlebars.
Does the IC3 have magnetic resistance?
No, it’s not a magnetic or leather pad; it uses a felt pad that creates resistance.
Check some more comparison about Gym bike from below