Schwinn IC3 vs IC4 – Learn Why Should You Pick Schwinn IC4!
Schwinn IC3 and IC4 are two premium indoor cycles for serious cyclists, but in my opinion, Schwinn IC4 would be the right choice.
What Makes Schwinn IC4 Right Choice?
- Schwinn IC4 allows you to stream thousands of workout classes into your home since it works with Zwift plus Peloton apps. Besides, the previous cycle doesn’t include an app feature.
- It also includes Bluetooth Heart Rate Armband that will show your heart rate on the screen. In contrast, the IC3 has telemetry enabled, which is the older version. Also, it cannot show you an accurate result.
- Schwinn IC4 cycle can give you JRNY experience. It will recommend workouts based on your abilities, mood, and available time so that you can enjoy the workouts the best. Also, this will keep you on track for the long term. Unfortunately, this amazing thing is not available on its little brother.
- You can digitally immerse yourself in virtual races, stunning tails, and exotic locales as this cycle can access the Explore the World App. On the other hand, the Schwinn IC3 cannot access this helpful app.
- The max user weight capacity is 330 lbs of this cycle, while IC3 capacity is 300 lbs. Therefore, it would be an ideal option for heavier people.
- These two exercise cycles have an LCD, but it has a full-color backlit monitor that will show you the details properly. However, the IC3 does not include a color monitor.
- It also includes three lb. dumbbells included that are under the dual bottle holders. You can easily access them. In comparison, the IC3 doesn’t contain any dumbbells.
- Schwinn IC4 comes with a 10-years warranty on the frame and offers a 3-years warranty on electronics parts. At the same time, the previous one gives five years on frame and 2-years on electronics. Since the IC4 provides a better warranty, this would be your best pick.
Hopefully, now you understand why I mentioned the Schwinn IC4 would be the right choice for you. To check their price, simply press the button below.
- Schwinn IC3 and IC4 are built with tablet and water bottle holders.
- Both have a one-year warranty for labor.
- They come with a 40 lb flywheel.
- The cycles have an LCD.
Schwinn IC3 vs IC4 Comparison Chart
|Specification||Schwinn IC3||Schwinn IC4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||45 x 23 x 49 inches||47.8 x 21.2 x 51.8 inches|
|Coaching Apps||No||Peloton App, Zwift App, Explore the World App, and more|
|Display Readouts||Time, Distance, Speed, Calories, RPM & Watts||Time, Distance, Calories, RPMs & Heart Rate|
|USB Charging Port||No||Yes|
|Water Bottle Holder||Single Water Bottle Holder||Dual Water Bottle Holder|
|Travel the Globe||No||Explore the World app|
|Dumbbells||No||Three lb. dumbbells included|
|Heart Rate||Telemetry Enabled||Bluetooth Heart Rate Armband Included|
|Max User Weight||300 lbs||330 lbs|
|Display Type||LCD Display||Full-color backlit LCD Display|
|Seat Rack||Race-Style Seat, Fore/Aft & Height Adjustable||Race-Style Seat, Fore/Aft & Height Adjustable|
|Drive System||40 lb. Flywheel||40 lb. Flywheel|
Similarities & differences Between Schwinn IC3 and IC4
You can find many cycling apps on the Schwinn IC4, but the IC3 does not include any apps. However, the apps are very handy if you are serious about cycling and want to reach your fitness goal quicker.
It includes Zwift and Peloton apps that allow you to stream more than a thousand classes from your home. Also, you can compete with others in the virtual world. It helps you to motivate every mile. Moreover, the IC4 can access the Explore the world so that you can digitally immerse yourself in the virtual world races, stunning trails, and exotic locales around the world.
Furthermore, Schwinn IC4 will include three free courses in the future for cyclists in the Explore the world app.
These two exercise bikes include an LCD that will show your workout stats. You can check out your speed level and calories burn, distance, time, and RPMs on the screen.
Schwinn IC4 also will show your heart rate during your workout since it features Bluetooth Heart Rate Armband. On the other hand, IC3 can also show the heart rate during the workout, but you need to purchase the heart rate strap separately. Moreover, the IC4 has a full-color backlit display while the other one does not.
Flywheel and Pedals
Both indoor cycles have a 40-pound flywheel. The flywheel gives the user infinite resistance level, and it is powered by a smooth plus silent belt drive.
They also have a dual SPD pedal, and it offers you flexibility so your workout session would be comfortable. And you can use the toe cages to your preferences which is an added benefit.
You can find a padded handlebar on these machines that will keep you comfortable during intense rides. Also, they have ventilated race-style seats. You can adjust the sear to your needs.
Dimension and Size
In terms of size and weight, these two are slight differences. Schwinn IC3 size is 45 x 23 x 49 inches, and the cycle is 100 Pounds. While the IC4 is 47.8 x 21.2 x 51.8 inches, plus the weight is 106 Pounds. These will take up less space in your home. Also, these cycles are easy to move from one place to another because they have two wheels.
Max User Weight
Schwinn’s IC3 max user capacity is 300 lbs, while the IC4 capacity is 330 lbs. The upgraded version provides better user weight capacity, which is perfect for heavier people. But if you are more than 300 or 330 lbs, then you should avoid these cycles. They are not ideal for you, or else the machines may break due to being overweight.
You will get some extra features on the Schwinn IC4 that are missing from the previous version. It includes a USB port, and you will find dual water bottle holders on it. Also, the cycle offers 3 lb dumbbells which is an added benefit for your fitness goal.
Schwinn IC4, on the other hand, does not include these handy things. It includes a single water bottle holder. But both of them come with a media rack so that you can keep your tablet or phone in it.
Schwinn IC4 is better in terms of the warranty. It offers a 10-years warranty on the frame, and three years on mechanical parts, while the IC3 has five years & 2 years, respectively.
Both give a one-year warranty for labor. However, the warrants are valid for the defects in materials or workmanship. But if you damage or misuse your cycle, then they will not cover it.
Schwinn IC3 and IC4 are designed for severe cyclists. That’s why it could be a little tough to select the better one for you. But we recommend the IC4 because of its upgraded features. If you want to stay on track for a well-lived, this should be your best choice.
Compared to the IC3, this will help you reach your goal quicker because it includes the world’s best online apps. Also, it is a Bluetooth-enabled machine. In the end, it is your decision which one you want to pick, but we strongly suggest the upgraded one for you.
FAQ about Schwinn IC3 vs IC4
|Can I keep my iPad Pro 12.9″ on the IC4?
Yes, the cycle can hold an iPad. It has a heavy rack that works best for most devices.
Can I switch the kilometers from distance readouts?
Yes, you can switch it. Just read the instructions. Once your plugin the display, hold down the up and down arrows. When you’d see the display changes, press up to go miles.
Will the IC4 display show my current resistance level?
Yes, it will show your current resistance level. You will find the resistance level on the 5th item on display.
How heavy is the IC3, and can I fold it?
It is about 100 Pounds, and it has two wheels, so it is not difficult to move. But you cannot fold this bike.
Which coaching apps are available on the Schwinn IC4?
The cycle includes Explore the World app, Zwift app, Peloton app, and much more.
Read related comparisons here.