If you are confused to pick one between Sennheiser HD 599 and Sennheiser HD 598, I am going to show you a detailed comparison of why the Sennheiser HD 599 should be your choice.
Why should you pick the Sennheiser HD 599?
- This device comes with multiple connectivity options, and there is 3 jack of three detachable cables for three devices while the other device has only 2 connectivity options.
- The Sennheiser HD 599 has premium components such as engineered aluminum voice coils to deliver high efficiency and dynamic sound, while the other one has ordinary sound drivers.
- The earpads of this device are covered with velour, which will give you supreme comfort with no pressure on the ears.
- In terms of design, this headphone is the winner as it has an ivory color with a matte finish and brown headband with stitching whereas the other headphone has a usual design.
These are the unique features that made the Sennheiser the best choice between these two. If you want to check the best deal on these headphones, please go through the below buttons.
Similarities between Sennheiser HD 598 and 599
- Wired standard designed headphones.
- Multiple connectivity options.
- Soft, foamed earpad and headband.
- Around-ear, open back design.
|Specifications||Sennheiser HD 598||Sennheiser HD 599|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Item Dimension||4.1 x 8.1 x 9.4 inches||8.1 x 3.95 x 10.25 inches|
|Item Weight||0.59 lbs||0.55 lbs|
|Battery||1 AAA batteries required (included)||1 AAA batteries required (included)|
|Warranty||2-Years of Warranty||2-Years of Warranty|
Detail about the features of Sennheiser HD 598 and 599
This headphone’s around-ear & open-back design will surely give you an impressive sound with an improved listening experience. Also, the premium components such as the aluminum voice coil will deliver high efficiency, excellent dynamics, and low distortion.
The other one is also an audiophile-grade over-ear headphone but won’t deliver the same quality sound as the previous one.
The Sennheiser HD 599 comes with an astonishing look with a matte finish. The Ivory-colored headphone has a brown stitching headband and a metallic detail at first glance. The large-sized ear-cups and headband will fit in any head size, and the long wire will give you flexibility.
The other headphone is a black-colored headphone with an ordinary design. There are no variations of color or material too.
As the headband is padded and the ear pads are velour-covered, there is no doubt of having premium comfort with the HD 599. For long sessions of listening or other purposes, there won’t be any pressure on the ears. The earpad is replaceable too, so if they get dirty or damaged, you can get a new one. On the other hand, The Sennheiser 598 HD has a leatherette headband and foamed ear pads.
There are multiple device connectivity options on the Sennheiser HD 599. You will have a 3-meter removable cord, and 6.3 mm jack, and an additional 1.2-meter removable cord with a 3.5mm jack. This feature made this component perfect for phones, tablets, and laptops.
The other headphone, which is HD 598, has two cable options of 3 meters and 1.2 meters and allows it to be used on multiple devices.
Durability & Warranty
Sennheiser headphones are very premium in quality and made for a long-lasting session as they come from a high-end material. You will have a 2-Years of Warranty while purchasing. The detachable cable will help you to move freely with these and carry them without making any harm. Durability won’t be an issue for a Sennheiser user, so you can use them happily for years after years.
There shouldn’t be any more confusion about choosing the right one. I guess the detailed breakdown made you clear about why Sennheiser HD 599 is the better one. You should go for this one for a premium design, sound, and multiple device connectivity options.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sennheiser HD 598 and 599
|Are they compatible with mobile phones?|
Yes, of course. No external accessories are required.
How is the bass level of these devices?
Do I need to buy additional batteries, as said in the description?
Can I twist the air cups and fold them to fit in a travel bag?
How comfortable is the headband after a long session?
Is it possible to wear glasses with them?
Find related articles here.
- Sennheiser HD 280 Pro and Sony MDR 7506
- Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 vs AirPods Pro
- Sennheiser HD600 vs HD650
- Sennheiser rs 175 vs 185
- Sennheiser Game One vs Game Zero