Singer 9985 and 9960 are luxurious and effortless to work with. But if you have a clear look at both of them, you will find Singer 9985 contains some special features which 9960 doesn’t and these features made it the best.
What features made Singer 9985 Better?
- Built-in stitches are the most important feature in sewing machines. In this section, Singer 9985 has 960 built-in stitches, and Singer 9960 has 600. So, Singer 9985 nailed this section with its almost 350 extra built-in stitches than Singer 9960.
- Computerized sewing machines give you so many options to make your sewing effortless. One of these options is the permanent memory capability. You can combine stitch patterns to make distinctive stitches and save them on the Singer 9985 machine’s memory. You can not do this on Singer 9960. You can save up to 60 new stitches on Singer 9985.
- Computerized Sewing machines have screens for authorization. Both Singer 9985 and Singer 9960 have LED screens for this. Singer 9985’s screen is a touch screen, while the 9960’s is not.
- Permanent memory capability is another appealing feature in computerized sewing machines. You can mix two stitch designs, make a distinctive stitch sequence and save them on the machine’s memory. Singer 9985 has this feature in it, but Singer 9960 does not have it. You can save up to 60 stitch sequences in the memory of Singer 9985.
All those key features made Singer 9960 the best pick here. If you are impressed with those functions and wanna check the best price then click the link below.
|Specification||Singer 9985||Singer 9960|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Built-in Needle Threader||Yes||Yes|
|Buttonhole Type||1 Step||1 Step|
|Variable Needle Positions||25||25|
|Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter||Yes||Yes|
|Reverse (Touch Button)||Yes||Yes|
|Permanent Memory Capability||Yes||No|
|Top Drop-In Bobbin||Yes||Yes|
|Built-In Thread Cutter||Yes||Yes|
|Thread Cutter Shut Off||No||Yes|
|Programmable Needle Up/Down||No||Yes|
|Direct Selection Stitches||Yes||Yes|
|Heavy Duty Metal Frame||Yes||Yes|
|Self-Adjusting Tension System||Yes||Yes|
|Mechanical Speed Control||Yes||Yes|
|Snap-On Presser Feet||Yes||Yes|
|Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter||Yes||Yes|
|Presser Foot Sensor||Yes||No|
|Extension Table Included||No||Yes|
|Warranty||1yr/ 5yr/25yr||1yr/ 5yr/ 25yr|
Difference and Similarity Between Singer 9985 and Singer 9960
Machines Weight and Size
Both of these sewing machines come in different sizes and different weights. Singer 9985 comes with size 17.2*8.5*12.5 inches, and Singer 9960 comes with size 17.2*8.2*12 inches. The weight of the Singer 9985 is 20 pounds, and Singer 9960 with 18.2 pounds. Singer 9960 is quite lighter than Singer 9985.
Choosing a sewing machine by seeing the number of built-in stitches is so important. Because built-in stitches decide how easy it would be to deal with the machines. Singer 9985 has 960 in this section, while Singer 9960 has 600. You can see how easier it would be to deal with Singer 9985 than Singer 9960 with all those extra stitches.
Needle positions are variable in these two computerized sewing machines. So you can shift it or change it whenever you want. Both of them have 25 variable needle positions. That is a large number of needle positions—also, both singer 9985 and Singer 9960 twin needle function. So, you can use two needles at a time while sewing.
Sewing a buttonhole could never be so easy as it is with Singer 9985 and Singer 9960. It happens in just one step. Just place the button on the buttonhole, and it is sewn in the place you wanted. Every time it gives you a consistent result. What could be more effortless than this?
Presser Foot Lifter
The presser foot lifters on singer 9985 and singer 9960 are both additional tall presser foot lifters. So you can effortlessly sew thicker fabrics with these two. Besides, Singer 9960 has a Presser foot sensor, which is capable of making it easy for you to use the foot lifter.
The LCD screen is another positive side of computerized sewing machines. You can monitor and do your sewing with the screen. You can see stitches. You can set the stitches through the monitor. Singer 9985 offers another level in the LCD screen as it is a touch screen. You can manage it with the touch of your finger. What could be more trouble-free than this?
With Singer 9960, Singer provides you an extension table. It makes the work of the machine hassle-free. Also, you do not need any extra table to use it. Always ready to use at any time anywhere.
Permanent Memory Capability and Built-In Lettering
In singer 9985, there is a permanent memory capability function. Where you can invent new stitch patterns by using old built-in stitches and save them on the machine’s memory, those would be permanently saved on your machines. You can use those patterns whenever you want. But in 9960, there is no option like this. You can get a built-in lettering option in 9985, 6 alphabets, and in 9960, 5 alphabets to personalize your work with letters in these two machines.
Singer promises you a 1-year warranty on these two machines’ labor, 5 years on the electric components. And a basic warranty of 25 years on the machine’s head. This is the best range of warranty any company could ever offer you on a computerized sewing machine.
You can see how Singer 9985 fulfills your every need for a computerized sewing machine. Singer 9985 is certainly the sewing machine you want to grab for yourself. So, stop being unfair to yourself and buy the best machine you can ever have.
Frequently Asked Questions About Singer 9985 and Singer 9960
|Is there any difference between these two’s LCD screens?
Yes, these two LCD screens have a major difference between them. As Singer 9985’s LCD screen is a touch screen, but Singer 9960’s is not.
Which one is easier to carry: Singer 9985 or singer 9960?
Singer 4460’s weight is 18.2 pounds, and Singer 9985’s weight is 20 pounds. So, it is Singer 9960, which is slightly easier to carry.
How problematic is it to deal with the needle positions?
It is quite easy to adjust needle positions in these two machines as these positions are variable.
Are both Singer 9985 and 9960 capable of quilting?
Yes, both singer 9985 and singer 9960 are capable of quilting.
Which class bobbin does Singer 9960 use?
Singer 9960 uses the class 15 bobbin to work with.
Check more singer sewing machine comparison from the below links
- Singer 4432 vs 4452
- singer 4411 vs 4423
- singer 4423 vs 4452
- Singer 44s vs Singer 4423
- Brother SE600 Vs SE625
- Fatamatuj Johra is an expert in robot vacuum cleaners. She is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. Her greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help customers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Air purifuer2022.03.20Winix C535 vs C545 – Check Why Winix C545 is Better than C535!
- Sewing Machine2022.02.11Singer 4423 vs 4432 – Check Why Singer 4432 is Boss!
- Air purifuer2021.11.02Winix 5300 vs 5500 – Why Should You Invest in 5500?
- Sewing Machine2021.11.02Singer 44s vs 4423 – Check Why We Recommend Singer 4423!