Why do we recommend Sony A6000?
- It has a tilting LCD screen which is very comfortable for flexible shooting positions. Whereas, Nikon D3500 includes a fixed screen which’s why it could be tough to use sometimes.
- Sony A6000 comes with 179 focus points compared to the Nikon D3500s 11 focus points. So, with its 168 focus points, you can lock the subject you want and light up the area perfectly.
- This DSLR has a 0.7x viewfinder which is larger and more accurate than its competitor’s 0.56x viewfinder. With the Sony A600 viewfinder, you can see everything more clearly in detail than its competitor.
- It has up to 11fps continuous shooting speed, whereas the other one has 5fps. Therefore, this can take 6 more photos within seconds than its rival.
- The A6000 has an AR bracketing feature, therefore this device can create several photos with its different settings, also ensure perfect lighting on the images within the brackets. In contrast, the D3500 doesn’t include an AE bracketing feature.
- Sony A600 has a built-in wifi connection which offers better connectivity, also it has NFC technology that lets you quickly wireless connectivity with compatible devices. But the Nikon D3500 doesn’t include any of them.
These were the features we recommend Sony A6000 DSLR camera rather than Nikon D3500. So if you want to take your photography to another level, this would be the best for you.
Similar Features of the Nikon D3500 and Sony A6000
- These two devices have a built-in flash with the external flash shoe, which is better for flash photography and gives you better images in the low-light.
- Both Sony and Nikon’s max image resolution is 24mp, so you can capture images with more details.
- You can create amazing portraits because these devices include the face detection focus function.
- The A6000 and D3500 have the same 1920 x 1080p FHD video resolution.
Nikon D3500 and Sony A6000 come with these common features to enhance your photography skills. So consider all the functions before making your best decision.
Sony A6000 vs Nikon D3500 – Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Sony A6000||Nikon D3500|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Continuous Shooting||11 fps||5 fps|
|Video Quality||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080|
|Battery Life||360 shots||1550 shots|
|Max Resolution||24 MP||24 MP|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|Product Dimension||4.72 x 1.77 x 2.64 inches||4.88×2.76×3.82 inches|
|Product Weight||0.76 lbs|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences and Similarities between the Sony A6000 vs Nikon D3500
Considering the display type is an important thing before purchasing a DSLR camera. Sony A6000 comes with a 3 inches tiltable display which makes the device straightforward to the photographer since it can be swinging up 90-degree and swinging down up to 45-degree approximately.
In addition, it has WhiteMagic technology that helps to increase visibility even if you are under direct sunlight. You can also take selfies with the Sony A6000 because it has a tiltable screen.
Nikon D3500, on the other hand, has a fixed display which could be slightly difficult. That’s because you cannot rotate the display for the perfect shot.
When it comes to the image sensor, both share the same 24 mp resolution. Since Sony and Nikon have the exact image resolution, so the devices deliver the same image type in the same depth and aperture.
However, these two devices come with the face detection feature so that you can take the best portrait images.
Sony A6000 device includes built-in wifi, NFC technology for easy and fast sharing. But the Nikon D3500 doesn’t include either of them, which is a downside. And sharing files with the Nikon D3500 is slightly tough.
If you want fast and easy to share, then you should consider the Sony device.
The Sony A6000 viewfinder features 0.7x, which provides you full-frame coverage plus a wide viewing angle. It ensures you clear visibility edge-to-edge, which is very improving. The viewfinder shows exactly what you will see on your recording, hence you can monitor and control what is appearing.
Nikon D3500 has a 0.56x which is slightly smaller than its competitor but will provide you the same functionality.
Focus Points and Continuous Shooting
With the Sony A6000, you won’t miss any moment as the device has 11 fps continuous shooting speed with 179 focus points. Per second the device can capture 11 photos with proper details.
And the 179 focus points deliver great shots whether you are taking stills or recording videos.
Nikon D3500, by contrast, combines 11 focus points with 5 frames per second.
You can take impressive images of fast-moving objects with this camera better than any typical smartphone. The autofocus will lock the object and then focus so that you can create more shots after the shot.
Sony A6000 and Nikon D3500 include the same ISO range of 25600. With their highest ISO, you can capture stunning images with detail in the lower light. Moreover, they have a built-in flash with the hot shoe that gives additional bursts to the image.
You can create cinematic videos with 24 megapixels of camera resolution and 1920 x 1080 video resolution in the Sony and Nikon.
Both devices also let you capture fast-action videos at 60p or with their 60i frame rates.
Furthermore, tracking the moving object is not a problem in the Sony A6000 since it has impressive focus points and continuous shooting speed.
Both devices are covered with a one-year limited USA warranty from the original date you get the devices. Sony A6000 and Nikon D3500 offer a warranty against the camera’s hardware damages during the manufacturing.
After getting the camera, if you cannot use it, simply contact them, but before that, you have to make sure you purchase the device from the authorized store.
In addition, there should not be any scratches or damages due to overuse, or else the warranty won’t work.
When it comes to purchasing a camera, you need to consider the display type, focus points, continuous shooting, sharing options, image resolution, and so on. And the Sony A6000 has all these upgraded features in it, so you can go with this device either.
Nikon D3500 is also a convenient camera with fantastic features, but it doesn’t deliver sharp, crisp output like Sony A6000. That’s why we recommend Sony A6000.
But if you are okay without these functions and budget is not an issue, choose the Nikon D3500 instead of the Sony A6000.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Sony A6000 vs Nikon D3500
What is the Nikon D3500 dimension?
It comes with 4.88 x 2.76 x 3.82 inches of dimension, and the device is 13.8 ounces.
Can I shoot RAW photos in these cameras?
Yes, both devices can shoot RAW photos in their 24 megapixels.
Will I get the lens with the Sony A6000?
Yes, the Sony A6000 comes with two lenses, and you don’t need to purchase a lens separately.
What is the charging function in the Nikon D3500?
The device has a wall plug charging feature by default.
Can I take a selfie?
You can take a selfie with the Sony A6000 because it has a tiltable screen, whereas the Nikon D3500 has a fixed display.
You may have an interest in –