Investing either in the Sony A6400 or A7iii will be worth it. But between them, the Sony A7iii would be the best way to go. So, you can select the Sony A7iii DSLR device.
Why You Should Select the Sony A7iii?
- You can capture up to 610 photos on a single charge with this device. In comparison, its competitor can hold batteries for up to 410 shots. Since it can give you longer battery life, this DSLR could be your best bet.
- Sony A7iii combines with image stabilization feature, besides, Sony A6400 doesn’t have this. Anyhow, the IS reduces the blurring from the images even if the hand is shakier while taking photos.
- This device has 693 focus points, whereas the A6400 has 425 focus points. Thus the A7iii can lock more moving objects plus deliver you better photos than its competitor.
- It has 51,000 highest ISO range, whereas its rival device has 32,000. So both of them can capture stunning images in lower light without using flash, but this can capture excellent pictures in lower light because of its ISO.
- These two are straightforward to carry, but the Sony A7iii is more comfortable. That’s because it weighs 1.44 lbs while the Sony A6400 weighs 1.7 lbs.
Hopefully, you have understood why we said the Sony A7iii is the best way to go. These features will take your photography experience to another level, therefore you can consider this camera.
Sony A6400 vs A7iii: Similar Features
- They have a tiltable touch display that can be flipped up to 180 degrees.
- Both offer a touch screen plus an autofocus function.
- You will get wifi, BT, and NFC sharing features on both of them.
- Sony A6400 and A7iii combine with a one-year limited warranty.
Sony A6400 vs A7iii: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Sony A6400||Sony A7iii|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Battery Life||410 shots||610 shots|
|Weight||1.7 pounds||1.44 lbs|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||11 fps||10 fps|
|Dimension||6.2 x 9.2 x 4.55 inches||5 x 3.88 x 3 inches|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||24.2 megapixels||24.2 megapixels|
|Tiltable LCD screen||Yes||Yes|
Differences and Similarities between the Sony A6400 vs A7iii
Before purchasing a camera, you should consider battery life, ensuring how many photos you can capture. However, compared to the Sony A6400, the A7iii can hold more battery.
With the A7iii, you can capture approximately 610 shots, whereas its rival can click 410 shots.
But while video recording, there are no time limits for video recording. So you can record until your camera’s battery is dead. Anyhow, if you are searching for a DSLR that will stay for a longer time, you should consider the Sony A7iii.
When it comes to image quality, these are almost the same, yet a few upgrades make the A7iii better. Both are designed with 24.2 megapixels, and it gives you full control over the image you want to click.
They have an autofocus function that will automatically focus on different areas plus deliver you a stunning image.
Additionally, real-time tracking has a special recognition algorithm. It will adjust the brightness, help in subject depth, process the color, as well as make sure the photo captures accurately and precisely.
These two have advanced real-time AI that detects, and also processes eye data plus gives improved accuracy.
Talking about the focus points, Sony A7iii has 693 focus points, whereas the A6400 has 425 points. Hence, the A7iii can deliver quality results rather than its rival, so you can go with this camera.
Sony A7iii has a great ISO Range compared to the A6400. For example, its extended ISO is 51,200, while its competitor has a 32,000 range.
These two devices can capture excellent photos in low light without using flash. But the A7iii can offer better image quality because it has a 52,000 ISO range.
If you want to get the best images with low noise in lower light, you should grab Sony A7iii.
Both devices have a touchscreen tiltable LCD display that you can rotate up to 180-degree. Their tiltable LCD screen is very convenient for still photography, vlogging, or recording professional film.
You can either up and down the LCD for the flexible frame you want. Additionally, the touch function on the screen is very handy as you can focus your expected area manually.
Sony A7iii combines image stabilization, but the A6400 does not. The IS feature is very crucial for a camera because it gives the user clear images even if the camera is shaking while taking a photo.
So, if you think you cannot hold the device because of a shakier hand, then the A7iii would be the best bet for you. With this device, you can capture awesome photos with crisp, clear detail.
The weather-sealed body makes a camera very strong to withstand any weather. Fortunately, Sony A6400 has a weather-sealed body; thus, you can take this device anywhere you want.
In contrast, Sony A7iii does not have this impressive feature, but it is water and dust-resistant. Hence, the A7iii can handle a little water splash or dust on the body.
Size & Weight
The size & weight of a device is also another important thing to consider. Sony A7iii is more compact and lightweight than A64000. It measures 5 x 3.88 x 3 inches, besides, its rival is 6.2 x 9.2 x 4.55 inches. While the weight of the A7iii is 1.44 lbs, and A6400 is 1.7 lbs.
The A6400 and A7iii DSLR cameras are equipped with Wifi, Bluetooth, and NFC sharing. These sharing options are very handy when it comes to sharing photos from one electronic device to another. However, the NFC option gives quicker sharing, hence you can use this.
Generally, Sony delivers a one-year warranty to their devices. This warranty period will cover manufacturer defects on the camera. You can claim the warranty if there are no damages to the device.
You may have already decided which camera you want to go with. But we strongly suggest the Sony A7iii because it is integrated with high-end features as we mentioned above.
But if your budget doesn’t suit this device, then you should invest in the Sony A6400. It is also an excellent device.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony A6400 vs A7iii
Does the A7iii shoot in 4k?
Yes, this DSLR can shoot in 4K at 30p or 24p.
Does the A7iii provide a memory card?
No, this device doesn’t come with a memory card, but it works with SDXC or SDHC memory cards.
Which device includes the Image Stabilization feature?
Sony A7iii combines the image stabilization function.
Does the Sony A6400 have a weather-sealed feature?
Yes, this camera has a weather-sealed body thus, it can stand any hard weather.
What is the continuous shooting speed on these devices?
Sony A6400 has 11 fps, while the A7iii has 10 fps continuous shooting speed.
Check related articles here –
- Canon M6 vs M50
- Nikon Z50 vs Canon M50
- Canon M50 vs M50 Mark ii
- Canon M6 Mark ii vs M50
- Canon Sl3 vs M50
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best