Sony a6600 vs a7iii – Which one should you pick for photography?
Do you want to pick the best camera between Sony A6600 and A7iii? Check out their differences here.
What Are the Differences Between Sony a6600 and a7iii?
|Sony a6600||Sony a7iii|
|Sony A6600 has 425 focus points.||Sony A7iii has 693 focus points.|
|Its ISO range is 100-32000.||Its ISO range is 100-51200.|
|The A6600 camera’s shutter speed is 1/4000 per second.||The A7iii’s shutter speed is 1/8000 per second.|
|This device doesn’t offer dual storage.||It has a dual storage feature.|
|This camera can capture up to 810 shots.||This camera can capture up to 610 shots.|
|Check a6600 Price at Amazon||Check a7iii Price at Amazon|
Which Features Made Sony a7 III Winner?
- Sony a7 III comes with 693 focus points that help to track and monitor an object instantly. In contrast, the competitor comes with only 425 focus points.
- The ISO range of the Sony a7 III is 100-51200, which delivers excellent low-noise performance for high-quality images even in dimly lit settings. On the contrary, the alternative has a range of 100-32000.
- Sony a7 III is ahead in terms of expandable ISO as well. This device will provide an ISO range of 50-204800 while it expands, whereas the other has an expandable ISO of 100-102400.
- This device comes with a dual-storage option, so there won’t be any storage issues with storage. Unfortunately, you will have a single memory slot in the Sony a6600.
- You can click stunning images with this device even if the subject is moving, as this camera has an impressive shutter speed of 1/8000 per second. Sony a6600 has a shutter speed of 1/4000 per second.
- Sony a7 III has an upgraded OLED viewfinder that provides corner-to-corner visibility, but the other one comes with an ordinary viewfinder.
These specs made the Sony a7 III unbeatable. Go for this one if you want to have a better camera experience.
Similar Features Between Sony a6600 vs a7iii
- They are compatible with Bluetooth & WiFi. As a result, you will be able to transfer your file easily.
- Both have a touchscreen LCD that will give you the ultimate convenience of use.
- They have a continuous shooting mode. So, you can shoot any fast-moving object effortlessly.
- They have the eye-tracking focus mode that provides great portraits of people and helps get beautiful wildlife shots.
You will get these similar functions with both cameras. If you want the best performance with improved facilities,, you have to choose the Sony a7 III camera.
Other Specifications Chart of Sony a6600 vs a7iii
|Specifications||Sony a6600||Sony a7 III|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Sensor||24.2MP APS-C Exmor||24.2MP Exmor CMOS|
|Product Dimension||4.7 x 2.7 x 2.7 inches||5 x 3.88 x 3 inches|
|Product Weight||1.11 pounds||1.44 pounds|
|Display||3.00-inch tiltable||3.00-inch tiltable|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Features and Benefits of Sony a6600 vs a7 III
Both devices come with a 3.00-inch touchscreen display. You can track the object in real time by using the display.
The display will show you the natural tone to get the idea of color accuracy while shooting an image or video. The tiltable LCDs are perfect for videography as you can change the angle exactly how you want.
The devices come with a decent viewfinder to allow you to monitor an object with full freedom. Sony a6600 comes with an XGA OLED viewfinder that will give you clearer visibility with fine details.
You will get to see accurate colors with smooth motion. On either hand, Sony a7 III has an electronic viewfinder that offers excellent resolution. This device ensures you a perfect color reproduction with corner-to-corner visibility.
With a single charge, you can cover any occasion with the devices. There won’t be any objection to the battery backup of the devices for sure.
Sony a7 III will provide a run-time of 610 shots, while the Sony a6600 will run for 810 shots with a single charge. This run-time is quite impressive compared to traditional devices.
Sony a6600 & a7 III come in the traditional camera outlook. They are lightweight, so you can carry them anywhere without discomfort.
They have a perfect viewfinder with a stunning display. The controls are placed well in the body. The rigid grip will give you a solid hold, so you don’t lose focus while shooting.
The camera sensor is a sector that is responsible for the images it produces. The devices come with the latest sensor for delivering stunning output. Sony a6600 comes with the 24.2 APS-C Exmor sensor.
Sony a7 III is integrated with the 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor with the latest BIONZ X image processing engine. The sensors will produce images with reduced noise and great details.
Sony a6600 & Sony a7 III have a decent ISO range that is perfect for shooting images in a low-light environment. You will feel comfortable with the configuration even if you are not a professional.
Sony a6600 has an ISO range of 100-32000, while the Sony a7 III comes with an ISO range of 100-51200. The expandable ISO is also better on the Sony a7 III.
Sony a7 III has a total of 693 focus points that will help you to track and monitor an object quickly, even if the object is moving. The other camera, the Sony a6600, has fewer focus points than the previous device.
You will have 493 focus points on the Sony a6600. It will be easier to focus and capture an object if you have the Sony a7 III in your hand.
Continuous Shooting & AF
Sony a7 III allows you to capture continuous shots at 10fps. Using this feature, you can shoot up to 177 JPEGs or 87 RAW at a time. This spec will be helpful while shooting moving objects.
Unfortunately, the Sony a600 won’t give you a decent output in this criteria. The devices can enable real-time AF to keep your scene focused while capturing. The AF feature will provide you with stunning visuals with details.
Durability & Warranty
Sony a6600 & a7 III are two great devices, and there is no doubt about that. They can be used for a long time without facing any issues with durability. Sony offers a 1-year of warranty for the devices for your peace of mind.
The devices are perfect for any occasion. They have a decent ISO, focus points, and battery run-time required for a perfect output. Sony a7 III is a perfect device with all the specs. Sony a6600 is also a standard device that can be considered if you are looking for an ordinary camera with all the features.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a6600 vs a7iii
|Am I required to use an adapter for lenses?
You are required if they are not E-mount.
Do they have dual memory slots?
Only the Sony a7 III comes with dual memory slots.
Are they mirrorless cameras?
Yes. They both are mirrorless cameras.
What is the photo-sensor size?
The devices come with a full-frame photo-sensor.
Is there any autofocus control button on the camera?
Yes. You will find an autofocus control on top of the device.
Check out other comparison articles here.