Why do I recommend the Sony a7?
- Sony a7 comes with a 4x optical zoom. Thus, you will be able to capture a distance object with more clarity while the Sony a7 S comes with a 1x zoom.
- You will get a full-frame sensor on this camera that will produce finer details than the competitor as the competitor has an APS-C sensor.
- Sony a7 comes with 117 focus points that will help you to focus and monitor an object better than the a7 S. Sony a7 S comes with only 25 focus points.
- This camera comes with the same sensor but in upgraded megapixels for better image quality. Sony a7 is a 24MP camera, whereas the a7 S is a 12MP camera.
- This device comes with the world’s lightest structural metal crafted from magnesium, so there is no problem carrying this one throughout the day. The other one won’t be as comfortable as the previous one.
These specs will surely provide you a better output. You will be able to track and focus an object easily with Sony a7.
Similar features between Sony a7 vs a7 S
- They both are compatible with the PlayMemories app.
- Both the devices have Bluetooth & NFC options.
- They have a 3-inch LCD.
- They can shoot video at 1080p.
|Specifications||Sony a7||Sony a7 S|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|MP||24.3 megapixels||12 megapixels|
|Battery||1 Lithium-ion Battery(pre-installed)||1 Lithium-ion Battery(pre-installed)|
|Photo Sensor Size||Full-frame||APS-C|
|Display||3-inches tiltable||3-inches tiltable|
|Product Dimension||5 x 1.89 x 3.7 inches||5 x 3.88 x 3 inches|
|Product Weight||1.04 lbs||1.08 lbs|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences & Similarities between Sony a7 vs a7 S
The cameras have almost a similar outlook and do have an ergonomic design. They have a rigid grip on the holding position to make you feel comfortable using them for a long session. They are very lightweight and compact in design. The buttons are placed well in the perfect positions and are easily accessible. They come in a black color variant, and the finishing of the body made them look very premium.
Sony a7 comes with a 24.3 Megapixel camera with an effective 35mm full-frame sensor. This camera has a sophisticated balance of high resolving power, gradation, and low noise. The other camera, Sony a7 S, comes with a 12.2 MP Exmor CMOS sensor. The extra-large pixels of this device will collect more light than traditional cameras to provide a detailed and low-noise image.
Sony a7 comes with fast, intelligent AF that will provide you an accurate image. The image processing of this engine has an improved algorithm that optimizes the image sensor for a smooth high-speed AF. This feature will help you to track an object efficiently, even if the object moves. Sony a7 S also has an updated AF feature that will provide you satisfactory output.
ISO & Focus Points
These devices come with a different ISO range. Sony a7 has an ISO range of 100-25600 that will provide you decent images in any light environment. On the other hand, Sony a7 S comes with an ISO range of 100-409600. This camera will capture images with low noise.
Sony a7 is the winner in terms of focus points; This camera has a total 117 of focus points that will help you focus and monitor an object more quickly than the other one. Sony a7 S has only 25 focus points.
BIONZ Image Processing
The cameras are integrated with a BIONZ X image processor for better image quality. Sony a7 has the BIONZ X image processor that enables it to shoot up to 5fps during continuous shooting. The sensor of the Sony a7 S is also paired with this BIONZ X image processor. Thus, your image will always be high-quality.
Sony a7 is fully compatible with the E-mount lens system. This camera is also compatible with Carl Zeiss and Sony G-series E-mount compact and lightweight full-frame lenses. This gives you the freedom to mount your camera with any lens you want. Sony a7 S is also directly compatible with E-mount full-frame lenses. This feature made them well-suited for videography with a variety of shooting modes.
You will get stunning videos from the devices. They are capable of shooting 1080p videos. Sony a7 and a7 S can shoot 4K videos as well. The video of the a7 S will be slightly better than the a7 as this device has an image stabilization that will reduce the shake of the device.
The devices come with the simplest connectivity option. They both are compatible with NFC & Bluetooth. You can share or transfer your photos with just a single touch. The NFC will provide you an advanced “one-touch connection” feature that will save you from complex connectivity procedures.
You will be able to personalize your camera with the new features by adding them through the PlayMemories app. They both are compatible with this app. You will get apps that fit your shooting style. You can even use the app to shoot and share photos by using WiFi. If you want to have a backup of your photos, you can do that by using the app.
Durability & Warranty
Sony a7 & a7 S are two great cameras with so many features. They both are durable as they are built with premium quality components. There won’t be any objection about this section for sure. Sony offers a 1-year of warranty for the cameras.
I guess you are no more confused about why we stated Sony a7 the Best. This device will surely provide you a better image. Since it has more focal points, you will feel more relaxed when using it. If you want a camera with improved video quality, consider the Sony a7 S.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a7 vs a7 S
|Does the camera come with a lens?
You can select a while or only the body while purchasing.
Can I shoot a slow-motion video on the Sony a7 S?
Unfortunately, you can’t shoot slow-motion videos on this device.
Do the cameras shoot cinematic video?
Sure. You can shoot full HD video through the cameras.
Is there any internal memory on the Sony a7 S?
No. You are required to use an SD card for this storage.
Are the cameras made in Japan?
No. The Canon cameras are made in Thailand.
Check related articles from the below links –
- Sony Nex 7 vs a6000
- Canon T100 vs T7
- Canon M6 Mark II vs Sony a6400
- Sony RX100 VI vs VII
- Nikon D3500 vs D5600
- Panasonic GH5 vs Sony a7iii
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Shoe2022.05.20Air Max 95 vs 97 – Check Why We Recommend Air Max 95!
- Computer Accessories2022.05.19Logitech K350 vs MK550 – Check why should you pick MK550 Combo!
- Smart TV2022.05.18Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch – Which is the best smartwatch?
- Computer Accessories2022.05.18Logitech MK235 vs MK270 – Check Why Logitech MK270 is Better!