Sony a7 III & Sony a7S II are two impressive camera devices. If you want to make the perfect decision, then you should go for Sony a7 III.
Why You Should Choose Sony a7 III?
- Sony a7 III comes with 693 focus points that allow you to track and monitor an object with better accuracy. On the contrary, Sony a7S II has only 169 focus points which can’t provide accuracy like a7III.
- Sony a7 III comes with a tiltable touchscreen display so that you can focus an object through the screen. Unfortunately, this feature isn’t available on the Sony a7S II.
- This camera comes with dual memory slots that will be very much helpful for you if you shoot videos for a long duration. In contrast, Sony a7S II has a single memory slot.
- The Eye AF feature of this camera will provide you stunning portraits of humans or animals by tracking the eye in real-time. This factor isn’t available on the Sony a7S II.
- Sony a7 III comes with a Bluetooth connectivity feature that will allow you to transfer your files easily, while the Sony a7S II won’t provide you with this feature.
- This device gives you great battery life. Thus, Sony a7 III can take 610 shots, while the alternative can take 370 shots with a single charge.
These handy features will surely make your shooting experience enjoyable. You will get better pictures and videos with a single device.
Similar Features of Sony a7iii vs a7sii
- Both are compatible with the Sony E mount that is particularly well-suited for video shooting, with a variety of models containing movie-friendly features like smooth focusing or powered zoom control.
- The cameras come with a similar sensor version which ensures stunning resolution even in low-light conditions.
- Both come with 5-axis high-precision stabilization that compensates for 5 types of camera shake with a wide range of lenses.
- They have a tiltable 3-inch display which is extremely necessary for recording outstanding videos.
- They come with a full-frame-sized optical sensor that produces detailed low-noise images in even the most challenging lighting situations.
You can choose any of these two DSLR cameras if you are happy with those similar functions. But if you want the best performance with advanced features then you have to go with Sony a7 III.
Quick Comparison: Sony a7 III vs a7S II
|Specifications||Sony a7 III||Sony a7S II|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.0 out of 5|
|Battery||610 shots||370 shots|
|Display||3.0-inch tiltable||3.0-inch tiltable|
|Mount||Sony E Mount||Sony E Mount|
|Product Dimension||5 x 3.88 x 3 inches||9.61 x 6.1 x 5.67 inches|
|Product Weight||1.44 pounds||1.29 pounds|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences & Similarities between Sony a7 III vs a7S II
Sony a7 III comes with the BSI CMOS sensor with the latest BIONZ X image processing engine. The new sensor with the evolved processor will surely provide you with a stunning output. The other camera, Sony a7S II, comes with a 12.2MP full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor paired with the BIONZ X image processor.
Both cameras have a decent ISO range to provide you with images with less noise. You will get a standard image even in challenging lighting situations. The ISO range for the Sony a7 III is 100 – 51200. On the other hand, Sony a7S II comes with a wider range of ISO. You will get better low-light images as this device has an ISO range of 100-102400.
You don’t need to worry about clicking portraits with the Sony a7 III. This device has an Eye AF feature that can be used with AF-C mode. You will be able to easily track or detect eyes while shooting stills. You can also focus on moving objects for better portraits.
Sony a7S II has AF mode, but unfortunately, this device doesn’t feature the Eye-AF. Sony a7 III can be used to track an object easily because of the higher focus points. This camera comes with a total of 693 focus points. Sony a7S II has only 169 focus points.
In addition to a superior over-sampling, Sony a7 III records breathtaking 4K videos. You will get stunning cinematic video output. Sony a7 III is a perfect video recorder with 2160p video quality. On the other hand, Sony a7S II also does a decent job of capturing quality videos. This device will provide you with video in 1080p. To get a better video with a cinematic vibe, you should choose the Sony a7 III.
The display can be considered one of the significant factors when buying a camera. They both come with a 3.00-inch tiltable display. Sony a7III is ahead in this comparison because of the touchscreen display. This touchscreen feature will provide you with some advantages while maintaining the focus by using the screen. The displays are tiltable so that you can shoot for complex angles.
Both devices come with a 5-axis in-body image stabilization. The high-precision stabilization unit of the Sony a7 III will eliminate five types of shakes for a wide range of lenses. The other one, Sony a7S II, also comes with excellent image stabilization that will be very effective for video capture. This will accurately compensate for the blur caused by the camera shake.
The cameras come with the traditional camera structure. They come in black color. You can choose additional lenses with the body while purchasing. The rigid grip on the side of the body will make you feel comfortable while shooting. The buttons are placed well on the device so that you can control them easily without any issue.
You will get stunning continuous shooting images on the Sony a7 III. This device can be used to capture 177 JPEG images with 10fps in one continuous burst. During live-view shooting, the device can capture images with 8fps. This feature will be effective while shooting moving objects. You will get the perfect shot without missing the details.
Durability & Warranty
You can use Sony DSLR cameras for years to come, plus they provide a 1-year of warranty. They are the finest available in the market. You won’t feel any lack in the build quality even after using them for a long time.
Sony a7 III and Sony a7S II are two great cameras with all the essential features that are required for a stunning image or video. The better one between them would be Sony a7 III as this one has more focus points with a better battery and display configuration. You may choose the Sony a7S II if you are satisfied with the basic configurations.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a7 III vs a7S II
|Do they have image stabilization?
Sure. Both the devices have image stabilization.
What is the type of viewfinder in the Sony a7 III?
Sony a7 III features an electronic viewfinder.
Is there any AF control button on the Sony a7 III?
Yes. There is an AF control button on the right portion of the body.
Can I shoot 4K videos with the devices?
Sure. They both can be used to shoot 4K videos.
How to connect them with a PC or Laptop?
You may connect the Sony a7 III with Bluetooth & the Sony a7S II through NFC/WiFi.
Read more camera-related articles from the below links –