Why Should You Select the HyperX Cloud 2?
- Both have surround sound, but it gives clear and perfect sound, and you will fully immerse in-game with this because it gives 25,000Hz frequency.
- HyperX Cloud 2 is constructed with Aluminum so that the headphone can withstand daily use. But the Arctis 5 is not durable like this one because it is built with plastic.
- It provides a two-year warranty to its users, but Arctis only gives two years to Europe. And a one-year guarantee for the USA & Asia.
- They feature a noise-canceling microphone, and it is detachable. Also, it is Discord and TeamSpeak certified, while the Arctis mic is not detachable.
- Compared to the Arctis, this headset is more comfortable, and you can wear this for hours.
- It comes with extra ear cushions plus an extended USB cord, whereas Arctis 5 doesn’t provide these things.
These features made the HyperX Cloud 2 a better option than Arctis 5, and we strongly recommend you select this.
- Both are wired headphones.
- They are compatible with PC, Xbox One, Mac, and mobile devices.
- The headphones have a ChatMix dial.
- Arctis and Hyperx come with a noise cancellation microphone.
|Specification||Arctis 5||HyperX Cloud 2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||7.93 x 7.08 x 3.58 inches||6.69 x 4.72 x 2.76 inches|
|Weight||0.8 ounces||0.61 lbs|
|7.1 Surround Sound||Yes||Yes|
|Build Material||Durable Plastic||Aluminum|
|Ear Cushions Material||AirWeave Ear Cushions||Memory Foam + Leatherette|
|Wired Audio||Mobile, PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, VR||Mobile devices, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Stereo on PS4, and PC & Mac.|
|Warranty||Two-year warranty for Europe. |
One-year to the USA and Asia.
Differences and Similarities Between the Steelseries Arctis 5 and HyperX Cloud 2
The HyperX Cloud 2 can provide you amazing sound quality. It also features 53-millimeter drivers, which offer high-end quality audio. You can hear everything clearly in detail.
Arctis 5 and HyperX Cloud 2 have 7.1 surround sound, and it let you truly immerse yourself in-game. You will get precisely located audio. These headphones are exclusively made for PC gaming. Both are independently combined with chat and game control.
You are allowed to adjust the volume from the headphone, hence you don’t need to pause the game.
SteelSeries Arctis 5 and HyperX Cloud 2 wired headphones are compatible with most of the devices. Both can be connected with PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC, Mac, VR, and Mac. They allow you to enjoy the game comfortably, also listening to music.
They feature the best mic in the gaming industry which has a noise-canceling function. You will get an improved and clear voice experience because it reduces the background noise. The HyperX Cloud 2 combines with the echo cancellation, AGC functionality while using it with the USB control box.
When it comes to size and weight, the HyperX Cloud 2 is ideal because of its small footprint and lightweight feature. The actual measurement of the Arctis 5 is 7.93 x 7.08 x 3.58 inches, and it weighs 0.8 ounces, while the HyperX Cloud 2 is 6.69 x 4.72 x 2.76 inches plus it is 0.61 lbs. You can comfortably wear the HyperX Cloud 2 for hours, but the Arctis 5 is slightly uncomfortable.
Both come with a user manual, a cable including the main units so that you connect them to the compatible devices. But the HyperX also offers a carrying bag, extra ear cushions with an extended USB cord. Since the Hyperx also offers extra goodies, you should give a thought to this device.
Arctis 5 construction material is plastic, while the HyperX Cloud 2 is built with aluminum. The solid and durable frame built to last, besides, the Arctis 5 also lightweight, but it is not durable like the HyperX.
However, in terms of warranty, the HyperX Cloud 2 is better because it gives a two-years guarantee to its users. In contrast, the Arctis 5 provides one-year to the USA & Asia while two-years for Europe.
Both headphones cover any manufacturer defects, but they won’t cover any damages. Also, you’ve to ensure purchasing the headphones from an authorized store.
HyperX Cloud 2 would be a tremendous choice for you, especially for those looking for mid-range gaming headphones. It is sturdy and very well crafted yet lightweight. The headphone will give you a clear sound, also include a detachable mic. Furthermore, the HyperX offers more accessories than Arctis, so you can consider this one rather than Arctis 5.
FAQs of the HyperX Cloud 2 and Steelseries Arctis 5
|Do they work with Xbox?|
Yes, the Arctis 5 and HyperX Cloud 2 work with Xbox, plus they will deliver you a 3.5mm audio cable so that you connect them.
Can I fold the HyperX?
No, this headphone cannot be folded, but you can adjust the ear cuffs.
Can I mute the mic?
Yes, the mic will be muted itself when you pick a call.
Do they provide surround sound on PS4?
Arctis 5 and HyperX are combined with the 7.1 surround sound so that you immerse yourself in the game fully.
Can I detach the mic?
The HyperX mic is detachable, while the Arctis 5 mic is not.
Read related articles from the below links.
- Arctis Pro Wired vs Wireless
- Steelseries vs Turtle Beach
- Astro A50 vs Arctis 7
- Hyperx Cloud Flight vs Arctis 7
- Astro A40 vs Steelseries Arctis Pro
- Arctis Pro vs Astro A50
- Arctis 9x vs Astro A50
- Arctis Pro Wireless vs Astro a50
- Sony MDR 7506 vs Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
- Beyerdynamic DT770 vs DT880