If you are confused to choose the better one between Surface Go 2 and Surface Pro 7 then we strongly suggest you pick Surface Pro 7.
Why We Suggest Surface Pro 7?
- Surface Pro 7 has a 10th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor, besides Surface Go 2 combined with Intel Pentium Gold 4425Y 8th Gen Processor. The Pentium processor works slower also does not provide significant performance. So the Quad-core processor makes Pro 7 superior in terms of speed and accessibility.
- It has 16GB Ram including 512 SSD, while the other one features 8GB RAM with only 128GB storage. Therefore, more RAM and SSD make sure the tablet runs smoothly with super-fast loading & accessing.
- The Pro 7 screen size is 12.3 inches, whereas the Surface Go 2 screen size is 10.5 inches. Hence, a larger screen will make your user experience more satisfying.
- Surface Pro 7 screen resolution is 2736 x 1824px. Besides, Go 2 comes with 1920 x 1280px resolution. Higher screen resolution allows you to watch HD-quality images or videos more efficiently.
- It provides 267ppi pixel density, and Surface Go 2 offers 220ppi. thus, higher density provides more clarity and sharpness for the images or videos.
- Surface Pro 7 has a built-in HDR mode, and it can automatically shoot pictures with a higher dynamic range. On the other hand, Surface Go 2 doesn’t come with this function.
These are impressive features of the Surface Pro 7 that make it a great tablet than the other one. You can choose this device if you want fast performance.
- Surface Go 2 and Surface Pro 7 have an external memory card slot. You can extend the built-in internal storage with affordable memory modules.
- These two devices provide stereo speaker features. So, you will be able to enjoy better sound quality with both of them.
- Both laptops come with a battery level indicator. As a result, it will notify you when the charge gets critically low.
These are the similar feature you are gonna get on both of these tablets. If you want improved features to get comparatively better performance then you have to go with Surface Pro 7.
Comparison Chart: Surface Go 2 vs Surface Pro 7
|Specification||Surface Go 2||Surface Pro 7|
|Editors Rating||4.3 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Dimension||9.65 x 6.9 x 0.33 inches||11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33 inches|
|Screen size||10.5 inches||12.3 inches|
|Screen resolution||1920 x 1280 px||2736 x 1824 px|
|Processor||Intel® Pentium® Gold Processor 4425Y||Quad-core 10th Gen Intel Core i7|
|Graphics Card||Intel® UHD Graphics 615||Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics|
1x Surface Connect
microSDXC card reader
3.5mm headphone jack
micro SD card reader
|Battery Life||10 hours||10.5 hours|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities & Differences: Surface Go 2 and Surface Pro 7
Surface Go 2 and Surface Pro 7 have almost the same design, their dimension is pretty much the same. If we come to the weight, Surface Go 2 weight is 544g, whereas Surface Pro 7 weight is 775g. Therefore, Surface Go 2 is lighter than Surface Pro 7.
We consider that lightweight is more comfortable than a heavy one. Microsoft Surface Go 2 has a detachable keyboard. Detaching the keyboard makes the tablet lighter and switches easily from laptop mode to tablet mode. On the other hand, the Surface Pro 7 does have a detachable keyboard.
This device’s screen size is 12.3 inches, and the Surface Pro 7 screen size is 10.5 inches. The bigger screen gives the user better experiences.The screen resolution is 2736 x 1824px, and Microsoft Surface Go 2 screen resolution is 1920 x 1280px.The higher screen resolution is an essential indicator of a screen’s image quality. Surface Go 2 has damage-resistance glass, while Surface Pro 7 does not have this damage-resistance glass.
It is more capable, and it includes Intel 10 generation. Besides, Surface Go 2 has an 8th generation m3 processor. Both devices have 8GB Ram, and they have an external memory card slot. So, you can extend built-in storage. Both devices’ internal storage is 128GB.
Both devices have a CMOS sensor which provides better quality images. Surface Pro 7 has a built-in HDR mode that can automatically shoot a picture with a higher dynamic range. While Surface Go 2 does not have this feature. Both devices have 5megapixle with the main camera.
Surface Go 2 and Surface Pro 7 both devices have 2 microphones. They have a stereo speaker that provides richer sound quality and provides better experiences. They have a 3.5mm audio jack, and you can use the devices with most headphones.
Both devices have a USB-Type C port. They have a 3.5mm audio jack, and you can use any headphones with these tablets. Microsoft Surface Go 2 has a mini display type port, while Surface Pro 7 does not have this feature. Both devices have a type cover port to connect to the keyboard.
This device gives you 0.5-hour extra battery life. Surface Pro 7 gives you 10.5 hours of battery back up when Surface Go 2 gives 10 hours battery backup. With longer battery life, you can use the device for a longer time. They have a battery level indicator, and batteries are rechargeable.
Microsoft Surface Go 2 supports the NFC feature that allows a device to perform simple wireless transactions. Besides, the Surface Pro 7 does not have this feature. In addition, Surface Go 2 has a child lock feature, while Surface Pro 7 does not have this feature. Both devices have a USB-Type C port.
You will get some accessories with these devices. So, with Surface Go 2 you will get Surface Go 2, Power Supply, Quick Start Guide, Safety, and warranty documents. On the other side, with Surface Pro 7, you will get Surface Pro 7, Power Supply, Quick Start Guide, Safety, and warranty documents.
Microsoft offers one year warranty on their devices. These two also have a one-year limited warranty. If the product gets damaged in the manufacture time, then the company repairs it without any charge.
After all of the discussion, hopefully, you already decided which device is suitable for you. If you are still confused about which device is ideal for you, we suggest Surface Pro 7. It gives you a bigger screen, better screen resolution, and longer battery life. Otherwise, Surface Go 2 is also a good choice.
FAQ about Surface Go 2 and Surface Pro 7
|Does it come with windows office software?
Surface Pro 7 gives a free 30-day trial of Office 365. After your practice is up, you’ll have the option to choose an Office 365 subscription.
Can we use a Type-C port for charging the Surface Pro 7?
The best news is that you can use the USB-C port to charge the device.
Which i5 processor is in this?
This version of Surface Pro 7 comes with a quad-core 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G4 processor.
Does it come with a pen?
Surface Pro 7 does not come with a Surface Pen.
You may have interest in –