The Surface Laptop and Surface Book include incredible features but we recommend the Surface Laptop.
The reason for our recommendation-
- The Surface Laptop can give you up to 16 hours of battery life, while Surface Book can last for 14.5 hours with a single charge. So, the higher battery life allows you seamlessly using the device.
- It comes with 1TB internal storage, besides the Surface Book offers only 512GB of internal storage. With more storage, you can save more data, files, and apps on your device.
- It has 2 USB ports besides the other one has 1 USB port. More USB ports mean you can connect with more devices.
- This device has a mini display port, while the Surface Laptop does not have this port. Mini display port provides improved performance as a standard feature.
These above-mentioned features make the Surface Book a better laptop than a Surface laptop. And we highly suggest the Surface Laptop device for you.
- Both devices have 16GB of RAM that increases the performance.
- They have an Intel Core i7 processor that takes your experience to the next level.
- They have a 3.5mm audio jack. You can use the device with most headphones.
Quick Comparison Chart
|Specification||Surface laptop||Surface book|
|Editors Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Weight||2.8 pounds||3.3 pounds|
|Dimension||0.57 x 12.13 x 8.79 inches||9.14 x 12.3 x 0.9 inches|
|Ports||Two USB 3.0 ports, full-size SD card reader, mini DisplayPort, headphone jack||USB 3.0, mini DisplayPort, headphone jack|
|CPU||Core i7||Core i7|
|Graphics||Intel HD 620, Iris Plus 640||Intel HD 520, Nvidia GeForce GPU (1GB), Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M (2GB)|
|Screen Resolution||2256 x 1504px||2256 x 1504px|
|Battery life||14.5hours||16 hours|
|Operating system||Windows 10 S||Windows 10|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and Differences between Surface laptop VS Surface book
Their screen size is 13.2 inches and the resolution is 2256 x 1504 px. Screen resolution is important for better image quality. Both devices have a touch screen feature. Surface Book comes with a stylus. Besides, the Surface laptop does not come with a stylus.
The Surface Book has two USB-3.0 ports and a full-size SD card reader. It has a mini display port and a headphone jack. On the other hand, the Surface Laptop has a USB-3.0 port, a mini display port, and a headphone jack. Both device connectivity is almost the same.
The Surface Book provides 16hour video playback time, while Surface Laptop offers only 14.5 hours of video playback time. They have a battery level indicator. If the battery gets low, then it will warn you.
The Surface Laptop and Surface Book include a 7th generation intel core i7 CPU. The Laptop has 16GB Ram and 128GB SSD while the Surface Book includes 16 GB Ram and 256GB SSD. The Surface laptop comes with windows 10 S OS, which can download the app from the windows store. Besides, Surface Book comes with Windows 10 OS. However, the Windows 10 S lets you extract the best performance from the device also it increase the speed as well.
Both devices come with a 1-year warranty. If the product gets damaged in manufacture time, then the company repairs it without any cost. The warranty period starts on the day the product is purchased. These devices come with a 90 days return policy; after using this device, you can return them if you don’t like them.
In the box
With a Surface laptop, you will get, Microsoft Surface laptop, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a 65W charger, a quick start guide, Warranty card. On the Other side, with Surface Book, you will get, Surface Book laptop, 3.5mm headphone jack, two USB-3..0 ports, a mini display port, a charger, Quickstart guide, Safety documents.
Hopefully, you can now understand which one to go with. If still, you are not sure about the device you want, we suggest the Surface Book for you. Because Microsoft Surface Laptop comes with some upgraded features, as you can see from the above discussion. Otherwise, the Surface Book is also a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Surface Laptop And Surface Book
What are the differences between the performance-based and non-performance base?
Surface Book with Performance Base features a powerful NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU and either 6th Generation Intel® Corei5 or Core i7 processors to handle more intensive tasks than original Surface Book SKUs. It also features a larger battery in the Performance Base, providing up to 16 hours of battery life for local video playback and less space between the base and display when closed. All Surface Book SKUs feature the same detachable 13.5″ PixelSense Display.
Does Office come with a Surface laptop?
For a limited time, we include 1 year of Office 365 Personal with Surface Laptop. Office 365 Personal includes: fully installed applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, and Access; use across multiple devices like PCs and Macs, tablets, and smartphones.
Is this a touchscreen Laptop?
The surface Laptop has a stunning screen that responds to your touch.
Is the Ram upgradeable?
No, the internal parts are not upgradeable. I do want to reiterate that taking apart the Surface Book would void the warranty, as you mentioned.
Does this have an SSD hard drive?
It comes with an SSD, but no memory can be added to the tablet portion. The docking station has 2 USB ports for additional memory, as well as an SD card slot. Not sure how much of an advantage an external SSD drive would be.
You may have interest in –
- HP Envy X360 vs HP Spectre X360
- HP Spectre X360 vs Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo Yoga C940 vs HP Spectre x360
- Surface Pro 4 vs 5
- HP Spectre X360 vs MacBook Pro
- Dell XPS 15 vs 17
- Israt Jahan Joty is an expert in baby care items. She is dedicated to helping people to choose different baby essentials. Her greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- MacBook2021.12.22Surface Laptop 3 vs MacBook Pro – Which One is the Best and Why?
- Earbuds2021.12.22Airpods vs PowerBeats – Why We Recommend PowerBeats?
- MacBook2021.12.20Surface Book 3 vs MacBook Pro – Learn Why MacBook is Better!
- Laptop2021.12.20Surface Go 2 vs Surface Pro 7 – Why Surface Pro 7 is Best?