Surface Pro 3 and Pro 4 tablets work seamlessly with the stylus pen. But we suggest you grab the Surface Pro 4 rather than the previous one.
Why do we recommend the Surface Pro 4?
- Surface Pro 4 comes with 8GB RAM, including 256GB internal storage capacity. Its’ memory provides you superior performance than its competitor because the Surface Pro 3 has 4GB RAM with 128GB storage.
- They are integrated with the Core i5 processor but it offers you 2.4GHz CPU speed. Besides, its little brother’s CPU speed is 1.9GHz. So, the Pro 4 tablet is more responsive which makes multitasking a breeze for you.
- This device’s screen size is 12.3 inches plus its resolution is 2736 x 1824px. On the other hand, and the Pro 3 screen size is 12 inches with a resolution of 1920 x 1280px. Therefore, the Pro 4 built with a slightly larger screen is comfortable.
- It has a 5mp front camera, whereas its competitor has a 3.5mp camera. Hence, it provides a slightly better camera that is perfect for any online meeting or taking selfies.
These were the incredible features that made the Surface Pro 4 a great tab compared to the Pro 3. And this device is worth invest in.
- Both devices have USB-3.0 ports, as well as combine with Bluetooth 4 technology. With these sharing functions, you can effortlessly transfer your data or files.
- Surface Pro 3 and 4 have an 8mp rear-facing camera with an autofocus microphone. Their lenses make sure the distance from the camera and capture clear images.
Surface Pro 3 vs 4: Quick Specifications Chart
|Specification||Surface Pro 3||Surface Pro 4|
|Editors rating||4.4 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||10.52 x 7.36 x 0.34 inches||11.50 x 7.93 x 0.33 inches|
|CPU||Intel Core i5 processor||Intel Core i5 processor|
|Screen size||12 inches||12.3 inches|
|Front camera- 5mp|
Rear camera- 8mp
|Battery Life||9 hours||7 hours|
|Ports||Full-sized USB-3 ports|
Mini display port
Micro SD card reader
|Full-sized USB-3 ports|
Micro SD Card Reader
Mini Display port
|Sensor||Ambient light sensor|
|Ambient light sensor|
|Screen resolution||1920 x 1280px||2736 x 1824px|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities Between Surface Pro 3 VS Surface Pro 4
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 comes with 256GB internal storage, and the other one comes with 128GB internal storage. With larger storage, you can save more files and data. At the same time, the Pro 4 combines with 8GB RAM, and Surface Pro 3 has 4GB Ram. Therefore, the Pro 4 is capable of providing superior performance than the earlier one.
When it comes to the processor, Surface Pro 4 shares an Intel core i5 processor with a speed of 2.4GHz. Besides, its the Surface Pro 3 also has a Core i5 processor, and its CPU speed is 1.9GHz. So, the Pro 4 is very responsive, it can loads data quickly which makes the device very convenient to use.
Surface Pro 4 display size is 12.3 inches and external dimension is 11.50 x 7.93 x 0.33 inches. Besides,Surface Pro 3 display size is 12 inches and external dimension is 10.52 x 7.36 x 0.34 inches.Surface Pro 4 screen resolution is 2736 x 1824px and other one screen resolution is 1920 x 1280px. The higher screen resolution of the Pro 4 provides clear and sharp images, thus you can select it.
Surface Pro 3 can give up to 9 hours of battery life, and Surface Pro 4 can stay for 7 hours on a charge. If you need a tab with longer battery life, then Pro 3 could be your choice. But this cannot offer performance like the Pro 4. However, the actual battery life depends on usage.
Both devices have the same 8mp Rear Camera, and these come with 1080p video resolution. Surface Pro 4 has a 5mp front camera, and Surface Pro 3 has a 3.5mp front camera. So, Surface pro 4 captures a better picture than Surface Pro 3.You can consider this device for a better camera resolution.
These Surface devices are packed with Bluetooth 4.0 technology. They have full-sized USB-3.00 ports, mini display port, headphone jack, USB charging port, and cover port. They support the same WIFI network, but Surface Pro 4 gives you a better range than Surface Pro 3.
In the box
With Surface Pro 4 you will get some accessories. They are Surface Pro 3 Laptop, Micro USB Power supply, quick guide, and warranty document. On the other side, With Surface Pro 3 you will get, A Surface Pro 3 laptop, a Micro USB power supply, a charger, safety, and warranty document.
Generally, the Surface comes with a 1-year warranty. You will get 30-days of technical support from them. If in the manufacturing time product gets damaged then they will repair it without any cost.
Hopefully, you have made your decision on which device is suitable for you. If you are still confused between these devices, we strongly recommend you buy Surface Pro 4.It will give you higher RAM, better screen resolution, larger storage, and better camera quality. Therefore, surface Pro 4 would be an ideal pick for you. Otherwise, Surface Pro 3 is also a good choice.
Frequently asked questions about the Surface Pro 3 and 4
Does it come with the stylus pen?
The Surface Pro 3 comes with a stylus pen.
Does it have Bluetooth?
Yes, it has Bluetooth 4.0 technology.
Can I use the keyboard of Surface RT with the Surface Pro 3?
If the keyboard you have were specific to the RT, you would have to check websites to see if they are compatible – quite possibly not. But if it was just a generic Bluetooth keyboard, yes.
Does this have micro SD storage?
You can use SD only via a USB adapter.
Check out related articles from the below links –