Surface Pro vs iPad Pro – Check Which is the Best Tablet?
We pick Microsoft Surface Pro 7 to compare with the iPad Pro 12-inch device. Both are amazing, but Buywithme.org recommends the Surface Pro 7.
Why we recommend the Surface Pro 7?
- Surface Pro 7 features a Quad-core processor, whereas the iPad Pro is combined with the Octa-core. It may seem the Octa-core works better but compared to this, Quad-core works 30% faster. Quad-core processor makes this tablet a workhorse, plus multi-tasking is a breeze with this than iPad Pro tab.
- It has 10.5 hours of battery life, whereas you will get 10 hours of battery backup on the other device. There’s a slight difference in the battery life of these devices, yet the Surface Pro 7 is the best that’s because it doesn’t drain the battery even with heavy streaming. But the iPad Pro drains the battery quickly, so in reality, you cannot use it for 10 hours.
- The Pro 7 has a slim body plus very lightweight, it weighs 1.7 pounds, and the dimension is 7.9 x 11.5 x 0.3 inches. Hence, you can easily take this on the go wherever you are going. On the other hand, the iPad Pro is 11.04 x 8.46 x 0.25 inches, and it is 2.6 pounds.
- It has an excellent display, the screen is bright, gives outstanding color balance plus delivers ambient light sensing when it’s dark. Moreover, when the sun goes down in your location, this tablet will automatically adjust the brightness. Unfortunately, this impressive feature is not available on the iPad Pro.
These above-mentioned features made the Surface Pro 7 better than iPad Pro. So, if you are searching for a convenient tablet, this would be your best bet.
Similar Features of the iPad Pro and Surface Pro
- These two include the latest Wifi 6 technology, so the devices can be connected to both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.
- Surface Pro 7 and iPad Pro 12 built with 16GB Ram including 512GB SSD.
- They give a one-year limited warranty which works against any hardware damages.
The iPad Pro 12 and Surface Pro 7 share a few similarities, we put together a few above. However, if you are an apple lover, you can go with the iPad Pro 12 instead of the Surface, the choice is yours. But we highly suggest the Surface Pro 7.
Surface Pro 7 vs iPad Pro – Comparison Table
|Specification||Surface Pro 7||iPad Pro|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Size||7.9 x 11.5 x 0.3 inches||11.04 x 8.46 x 0.25 inches|
|Weight||1.7 pounds||2.65 pounds|
|Battery life||10.5 hours||10 hours|
|Operating System||Windows 10||IPadOS|
|Processor||Quad-core 10th Gen Intel Core i7||Octa-core|
|Wireless Communication||Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi 6||Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 6, and NFC|
|RAM||16 GB||16 GB|
|SSD||512 GB||512 GB|
|Warranty||One Year||One Year|
Differences and Similarities between Surface Pro vs iPad Pro
Surface Pro 7 has a dual quad-core processor, whereas the iPad Pro has an octa-core processor. You may be thinking, the iPad Pro processor is better, but in reality, the Quad-core processor is better.
Because it is 30% faster than the other one, so multi-tasking is a breeze with this device. That’s the reason the Surface Pro would be an ideal choice.
These two tablets have a 12-inch touchscreen display which is very convenient. You can naturally draw or write on the screen with a pen. However, the Surface display is better than iPad Pro since this will automatically adjust the brightness when the sun goes down on your location.
The iPad Pro, on the other hand, won’t adjust the brightness that’s why you should consider the Surface Pro 7.
Size and Weight
If you are seeking a slim and lightweight tablet, the Surface Pro 7 could be your best pick. It measures only 7.9 x 11.5 x 0.3 inches and 1.7 pounds. Besides, the iPad Pro is 11.04 x 8.46 x 0.25 inches, and the weight is 2.65 pounds.
The iPad Pro is slightly bulkier than the Surface Pro, so think about your preference and select the best one for you.
The iPad Pro offers 10-hours of battery life, whereas the Surface Pro 7 gives 10.5 hours backup. There’s a slight difference, but in reality, the iPad Pro doesn’t last up to 10 hours because it drains the battery quickly. If you want to use your tablet for a longer time, the Surface Pro 7 would be an ideal pick.
When it comes to the camera, the iPad Pro is better because the device comes with a 12MP rear camera resolution. In contrast, the Surface Pro 7 has an 8MP resolution.
But both of them include a 5MP front camera. Anyhow, if you want an impressive camera with your tablet, you can select the iPad Pro.
Both tablets come up with a one-year warranty, this period is against any hardware damages. And the warranty is available only for the original purchaser. However, if you damage the tablet due to overuse or other reasons, the warranty will not cover it.
Surface Pro 7 has a better processor, battery life, display, and it is lightweight than the iPad Pro. This is a perfect device for multi-tasking, as well as the tablet will provide you high-end performance because it has a Quad-core processor. Therefore, you can pick this tablet instead of the iPad Pro.
But if you are already an Apple user or love the iPad Pro features, you can go with this device.
Frequently Asked Questions about Surface Pro vs iPad Pro
Will I get a Surface Pen with the Pro 7?
No, the device doesn’t come with a pen but it does include a black keyboard.
Does the iPad Pro fan make noise?
The iPad Pro fan is very quiet, and the noise won’t make any disturbance.
Can I play 4k videos on the Surface Pro?
Yes, you can play YOUTUBE or Netflix 4k videos on the Surface Pro tablet.
Do these tablets have a built-in webcam?
Yes, both Surface Pro and iPad Pro come with a built-in webcam, plus the webcam provides excellent quality.
How much does the iPad Pro weigh?
It is a bulkier tablet that weighs 2.65 pounds.
You may have interest in –