Surface Pro vs MacBook Pro – Check Why MacBook Pro is Best!
Surface and MacBook come with many models, so picking the best one could be slightly tough. However, we prefer the Surface Pro 7 and MacBook Pro 13. Both of them are excellent devices, but we strongly suggest you select MacBook Pro 13.
Why should you select MacBook Pro 13?
- The MacBook Pro 13 is integrated with the Apple M1 chip, which delivers industry-leading performance. Besides, the Surface Pro 7 has a 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor. It doesn’t give a powerful performance like the Apple M1 chip.
- This device has an Apple 8-core GPU, whereas its competitor combines with Intel IRIS graphics. However, the Pro 13’s graphics are 5x faster than others. Thus, you can play intensive games or open any apps smoothly on this device.
- It has a macOS operating system which ensures the laptop processes data quicker. On the other hand, the Surface Pro 7 has Windows 10 OS version, which is slower than the macOS.
- You can use this device for up to 20 hours on a single charge, which is excellent since you can use it for an extended time. At the same time, the rival device offers 10.5 hours of battery life. Hence, you should consider this device.
- It has a backlit illuminated keyboard so that you can do your work seamlessly, even in a dark room. But the Surface device doesn’t come with an illuminated keyboard.
- MacBook Pro 13 display has 500 nits brightness, thus you will get clear, vivid image resolution. At the same time, its competitor’s screen is not as effective as this MacBook.
- MacBook Pro 13 has an M1 chip, including the macOS Big Sur, they ensure the privacy and security of your device. Also, all your data plus the system will be protected on this device. But the Surface Pro 7 is not secured like this device.
MacBook Pro 13 combines these amazing properties that will take your experience to another level. If you want to invest in a laptop, this should be your best pick.
Similar Features of Surface Pro 7 and MacBook Pro 13
- These two laptops are equipped with a 512 GB SSD. This storage can launch apps or open any file instantly.
- Surface Pro 7 and MacBook Pro 13 devices built with wifi 6. So, you will get the fastest internet speed.
- The Surface and MacBook devices can adjust the brightness level when the sun goes down in your area.
Surface Pro vs MacBook Pro: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Surface Pro||MacBook Pro 13|
|Editors’ Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Processor||Quad-core 10th Gen Intel Core i7||Apple M1|
|Graphics||Intel IRIS||Apple 8-core GPU (5X faster)|
|Operating System||Windows 10||macOS|
|Battery Life||10.5 hours||20 hours|
|Keyboard||Included but not backlit||Backlit Magic Keyboard|
|RAM||16 GB||8 GB|
|Hard Disk Size||512 GB||512 GB|
|Dimension||7.9 x 11.5 x 0.3 inches||13.41 x 11.97 x 0.61 inches|
|Size||1.7 pounds||3 pounds|
|Display Size||12.3″||13 Inches|
|Wireless||Wifi 6||Wifi 6|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities Between Surface Pro 7 and MacBook Pro 13
You will get the best performance from the MacBook Pro 13 device compared to the Surface Pro 7. That’s because it is integrated with the Apple M1 Chip, which makes the device beast. At the same time, the Surface Pro 7 is built with a Quad-core 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor.
The M1 chip is 2.8x faster than the Intel processor, whereas the Intel Core i7 is 1.3Ghz. However, the M1 chip gives the device incredible performance, as well as it has custom technologies. Thus, you will get industry-leading power from the MacBook Pro 13.
RAM and SSD
Surface Pro 7 combined with 16 GB RAM, besides, the MacBook Pro 13 has 8 GB RAM. But both devices are equipped with 512 GB storage capacity. Therefore, both devices can instantly open any files and give incredible storage capacity. Anyhow, the RAM ensures you get fast and fluid performance while using these devices.
When it comes to the screen, the MacBook Pro has a 13 inches display while the Surface Pro 7 is 12.9 inches. Both displays can automatically adjust the brightness when the sun goes down. But the MacBook Pro 13 offers you better performance.
It has 500 nits brightness combined with the Retina display so that you get better picture quality. You will get sharp, clear text, and the P3 wide color brings the actual vivid color.
However, the Surface Pro has a touch screen display which ensures you can write or draw anything with the Surface Pen.
MacBook Pro 13 gives you 20 hours of backup on a single charge. On the other hand, the Surface Pro device delivers 10.5 hours charge. Since the MacBook can last for an extended time, you can consider this laptop. You can effectively do the work with this device.
Surface Pro 7 included a keyboard, but the MacBook Pro is built with a backlit illuminated keyboard. It makes sure you are productive all the since you can see each key in the dark too. Therefore, if you want to stay focused on your work then MacBook would be your best bet.
Compared to the Surface, the MacBook secured your device effectively. Your data and other files will be safe on this device. That’s because it works with the M1 chip and macOS Big Sur. These features make sure the device is protected.
Surface and MacBook are combined with Wifi 6, which gives next-generation speed. The Wifi 6 makes them very fast, as well as strong. You can download or upload any files in seconds. Furthermore, the speed is perfect for intensive games.
You will get a limited one-year warranty with the Surface Pro 7 and MacBook Pro 7 devices. The warranty period will cover any defects, but you have to pay for the repair if you damage any part. Anyhow, if you do not like the devices, then you will get 30 days replacement feature.
Surface Pro 7 is a great tablet, but the MacBook Pro 13 would be a better choice. It has a next-level chip to other features that will take your experience to the next level than before. If you are searching for a device for light work, then Surface Pro would be a better choice. But if you are a workaholic, then MacBook Pro 13 should be your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Surface Pro and MacBook Pro
|Does the Surface Pro offer a keyboard?
Yes, it includes a keyboard, but this doesn’t offer a pen.
What is the Surface Pro 7 processor?
The Surface Pro 7 is integrated with the 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor.
Does the MacBook Pro 13 work with an external monitor?
Yes, you can connect an external monitor with the MacBook Pro 13.
Which device has an illuminated keyboard?
The MacBook Pro 13 is only compatible with the backlit illuminated keyboard.
What is the Surface RAM and storage capacity?
This Surface Pro 7 has 16 GB RAM, including 512 GB storage capacity.
You can also read some other comparisons below: