TCL 4 Series and 5 Series TVs combine with lots of features. These two devices carry almost the same features, yet some differences made the TCL 5 Series the best.
What Made TCL 5 Series the Best?
- The TCL 5 Series improves the picture quality more than its little brother. You will get Dolby Vision HDR QLED technology. Besides, the TCL 4 doesn’t include this technology. Anyhow, it will deliver you better brightness and wider color volume than its competitor.
- It has a sleep timer, while the TCL 4 Series doesn’t have this feature. However, it lets you set a time so that the TV will automatically shut off.
- You will get Dolby immersive sound on this TV which is incredible for people who want to play games. On the other hand, the TCL 4 Series doesn’t produce sound like the updated version.
- TCL 5 Series has an auto game mode, and thus when the device detects any compatible game console, this will automatically engage. As a result, it gives you a smooth performance with the lowest latency plus provides you the best picture settings for gaming. In contrast, TCL 4 Series has a game mode, but it cannot automatically detect.
TCL 5 Series combines these high-end features rather than the earlier version. So if you want to enjoy the seamless performance, this should be your best pick.
Similar Features 0f TCL 4 Series & 5 Series
- TCL 4 and 5 Series have 60-hertz standard refresh rates. Thus, you will get better picture quality every second because it refreshes the display 60 times per second.
- Both have 4K Ultra HD resolution, and it gives you stunning picture performance.
- You can control these TVs from the mobile app and Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa voice control.
- These two are compatible with Roku, which is a smart platform.
Specification Chart: TCL 4 Series vs 5 Series
|Specifications||TCL 4 Series||TCL 5 Series|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Auto Game Mode||No||Yes|
|Screen Size||55 inches||55 Inches|
|Refresh Rate||60 hertz||60 hertz|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless, USB, HDMI||Wireless, USB, HDMI|
|Voice Control||Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant||Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant|
|Resolution||4K Ultra HD||4K Ultra HD|
|Advanced PQ Setting with Mobile App||Yes||Yes|
|Multilingual On-Screen-Display||English, Spanish, French||English, Spanish, French|
|Control Buttons||Power/Menu, <,>||Power/Menu, <,>|
|Audio Power (Watts)||2 Channel x 8W||2 Channel x 8W|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty||1 year limited warranty|
Differences and Similarities between TCL 4 Series vs 5 Series
Both have 4K Ultra resolution, but you will get superior picture quality on the TCL 5 Series because this device is built with Dolby Vision HDR to deliver you lifelike pictures. Also, it has QLED technology which offers you vast color volume plus better brightness than TCL 4.
Besides, the TCL 4 Series combines stunning HDR 4K resolution. So it will give you an accurate color plus lovely details.
TCL 4 and 5 Series have a 60hertz refresh rate. Hence these TVs refresh themselves 60 times per second. Therefore, you will get a smooth performance on both of them.
They offer you better sound quality than any traditional TV. TCL produces an immersive sound so that you fully immerse in what you are watching. Or, for private listening, you can plug in headphones. However, for the best result, you can connect your TV to an external soundbar.
Easy to use
These TVs are effortless to use and control since they are compatible with mobile apps, voice control, and obviously with the remote. So for a convenient streaming companion, you can use your smartphone. At the same time, they combine with a super-simple Roku TV remote. It has 20 buttons only for easy navigation.
In addition, Alexa and Google Voice Assistant make it more straightforward to use. For example, it helps you find movie titles or switch between different channels.
Furthermore, the TCL 5 Series is built with a sleep timer so you can set a specific time. But the TCL 4 doesn’t include this function.
These two TVs are compatible with the Roku smart platform. It allows you access to more than 500,000 movies plus TV shows. In addition, Roku provides you thousands of streaming channels, including news, sports, fitness, kids & family, and so much more.
If you search for a TV for both streamings and playing games, then TCL 5 would be a perfect choice. When you connect a compatible game console, it has an auto game mode, and this device will automatically engage for seamless settings. Moreover, it offers excellent picture quality so that you immerse yourself in the game.
TCL 4 Series, on the other hand, is also suitable for gaming, but it doesn’t feature auto game mode. Therefore, you need to set up the game every time manually.
They cover a limited one-year warranty for any quality defects. You can claim the free repair service within this period. Anyhow, if you damage the device, then you cannot ask for a free repair service.
If you are looking for a smart TV that will deliver incredible picture quality, the best match for the gamers, then TCL 5 Series is the best option here. The TCL 4 Series is also outstanding, but it cannot deliver you performance like the updated version.
Thus, we strongly suggest the TCL 5 Series. And if your budget doesn’t suit this, TCL 4 Series is the way to go!
Frequently Asked Questions about TCL 4 Series and TCL 5 Series
|Does TCL 4 support the PS5 at 120Hz?
No, TCL 4 doesn’t support the PS5 at 120Hz even though the device has 120Hz CMI.
How long is the TCL warranty?
All TCL TVs support a standard one-year warranty which covers any manufacturer’s damages.
What is the height of TCL 5 without the feet?
This TV is approximately 25.2 inches tall without feet.
Does TCL 4 have YouTube?
The TCL Roku device must be pre-loaded with YouTube. And if it doesn’t, then you can easily install it.
Can I use Google Assistant to control the TV?
Yes, Google Assistant will help you to control the TV. So you can turn on or off the device to everything in between.
You can read some other comparisons below:
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?