TCL 4 Series vs 5 Series – Check Which Smart TV is Best!
TCL 4 Series and 5 Series TVs combine lots of features. These two devices carry almost the same features, yet some differences made the TCL 5 Series the best.
What Made TCL 5 Series the Best?
- The TCL 5 Series improves the picture quality more than its little brother. You will get Dolby Vision HDR QLED technology. Besides, the TCL 4 doesn’t include this technology. Anyhow, it will deliver you better brightness and wider color volume than its competitor.
- It has a sleep timer, while the TCL 4 Series doesn’t have this feature. However, it lets you set a time so that the TV will automatically shut off.
- You will get Dolby immersive sound on this TV which is incredible for people who want to play games. On the other hand, the TCL 4 Series doesn’t produce sound like the updated version.
- TCL 5 Series has an auto game mode; thus, when the device detects any compatible game console, this will automatically engage. As a result, it gives you a smooth performance with the lowest latency plus provides you with the best picture settings for gaming. In contrast, TCL 4 Series has a game mode that cannot automatically detect.
TCL 5 Series combines these high-end features rather than the earlier version. So if you want to enjoy a seamless performance, this should be your best pick.
Similar Features 0f TCL 4 Series & 5 Series
- TCL 4 and 5 Series have 60-hertz standard refresh rates. Thus, you will get better picture quality every second because it refreshes the display 60 times per second.
- Both have 4K Ultra HD resolution, and it gives you stunning picture performance.
- You can control these TVs from the mobile app and Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa voice control.
- These two are compatible with Roku, which is a smart platform.
Specification Chart: TCL 4 Series vs 5 Series
|Specifications||TCL 4 Series||TCL 5 Series|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Auto Game Mode||No||Yes|
|Screen Size||55 inches||55 Inches|
|Refresh Rate||60 hertz||60 hertz|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless, USB, HDMI||Wireless, USB, HDMI|
|Voice Control||Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant||Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant|
|Resolution||4K Ultra HD||4K Ultra HD|
|Advanced PQ Setting with Mobile App||Yes||Yes|
|Multilingual On-Screen-Display||English, Spanish, French||English, Spanish, French|
|Control Buttons||Power/Menu, <,>||Power/Menu, <,>|
|Audio Power (Watts)||2 Channel x 8W||2 Channel x 8W|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty||1 year limited warranty|
Features and Benefits of TCL 4 Series and 5 Series
Both have 4K Ultra resolution, but you will get superior picture quality on the TCL 5 Series because this device is built with Dolby Vision HDR to deliver you lifelike pictures. Also, it has QLED technology which offers you vast color volume plus better brightness than TCL 4.
Besides, the TCL 4 Series combines stunning HDR 4K resolution. So it will give you an accurate color plus lovely details.
TCL 4 and 5 Series have a 60hertz refresh rate. Hence these TVs refresh themselves 60 times per second. Therefore, you will get smooth performance on both of them.
They offer you better sound quality than any traditional TV. TCL produces an immersive sound so that you are fully immersed in what you are watching. Or, for private listening, you can plug in headphones. However, you can connect your TV to an external soundbar for the best result.
Easy to use
These TVs are effortless to use and control since they are compatible with mobile apps, voice control, and obviously with the remote. So for a convenient streaming companion, you can use your smartphone. At the same time, they combine with a super-simple Roku TV remote. It has 20 buttons only for easy navigation.
In addition, Alexa and Google Voice Assistant make it more straightforward to use. For example, it helps you find movie titles or switch between different channels.
Furthermore, the TCL 5 Series is built with a sleep timer so you can set a specific time. But the TCL 4 doesn’t include this function.
These two TVs are compatible with the Roku smart platform. It allows you access to more than 500,000 movies plus TV shows. In addition, Roku provides you with thousands of streaming channels, including news, sports, fitness, kids & family, and so much more.
If you are searching for a TV for both streaming and playing games, then TCL 5 would be a perfect choice. Connecting a compatible game console has an auto game mode, and this device will automatically engage for seamless settings. Moreover, it offers excellent picture quality so that you immerse yourself in the game.
TCL 4 Series, on the other hand, is also suitable for gaming, but it doesn’t feature auto-game mode. Therefore, you need to set up the game every time manually.
They cover a limited one-year warranty for any quality defects. You can claim the free repair service within this period. If you damage the device, you cannot ask for free repair service.
If you are looking for a smart TV that will deliver incredible picture quality and the best match for the gamers, then TCL 5 Series is the best option here. The TCL 4 Series is also outstanding but cannot deliver your performance like the updated version.
Thus, we strongly suggest the TCL 5 Series. And if your budget doesn’t suit this, TCL 4 Series is the way to go!
Frequently Asked Questions about TCL 4 Series and TCL 5 Series
|Does TCL 4 support the PS5 at 120Hz?
No, TCL 4 doesn’t support the PS5 at 120Hz even though the device has 120Hz CMI.
How long is the TCL warranty?
All TCL TVs support a standard one-year warranty which covers any manufacturer’s damages.
What is the height of TCL 5 without the feet?
This TV is approximately 25.2 inches tall without feet.
Does TCL 4 have YouTube?
The TCL Roku device must be pre-loaded with YouTube. And if it doesn’t, then you can easily install it.
Can I use Google Assistant to control the TV?
Yes, Google Assistant will help you to control the TV. So you can turn on or off the device to everything in between.
You can read some other comparisons below: