TCL 4 and TCL 6 are two decent TVs combined with quality features to deliver amazing picture quality. And if you want to choose the best one between them, then TCL 6 is the best way to go.
Why TCL 6 Series is Best?
- The TCL 6 series combines with the QLED display technology, while TCL 4 has an HDR display. The QLED produces more brightness plus wide color volume than its rival so that you get the most lifelike picture.
- It has Mini-LED technology that offers precise contrast control for incredible HDR performance. Besides, the earlier TV doesn’t have Mini-LED tech.
- This device has a contrast control zone, and it allows you individually optimized contrast up to 240 localized zones. In contrast, TCL 4 has no contrast control zone.
- TCL 6 is built with a sleep timer, you can set the sleeping time, and the TV will automatically turn off. On the other hand, its little brother is not combined with this feature.
- It is very responsive compared to the TCL 4 because it has a 120Hz refresh rate, whereas the earlier version offers a 60Hz refresh rate. So this device is more responsive than the other one.
- TCL 6 Series has Auto and THX Certified Game Mode so that you can enjoy a seamless gaming experience from this TV. Once you connect any console, this will automatically detect the console. While TCL 4 Series needs to adjust the gaming console manually.
TCL 6 includes the latest technology to ensure the best performance than other TVs. If you want to upgrade your device, this should be your consideration.
Similar Features of TCL 4 Series and 6 Series
- They integrated with Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant voice control to provide effortless control.
- TCL 4 and 6 Series have 4K Ultra HD resolution, therefore you can see everything in detail.
- Both of them are compatible with the Roku smart platform. It lets you access many apps, tv shows or movies, games, and everything in between.
Quick Comparison Chart: TCL 4 Series vs 6 Series
|Specifications||TCL 4 Series||TCL 6 Series|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|THX Certified Game Mode||No||Yes|
|Auto Game Mode||No||Yes|
|Refresh Rate||60 hertz||120 hertz|
|Contrast Control Zones||No||Yes|
|Screen Size||55 inches||65 inches|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless, USB, HDMI||HDMI, USB, Wi-Fi|
|Voice Control||Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant||Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant|
|Resolution||4K Ultra HD||4K Ultra HD|
|Control Buttons||Power/Menu, <,>||Power/Menu, <,>|
|Advanced PQ Setting with Mobile App||Yes||Yes|
|Multilingual On-Screen-Display||English, Spanish, French||English, Spanish, French|
|Audio Power (Watts)||2 Channel x 8W||2 Channel x 8W|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty||1 year limited warranty|
Differences and Similarities Between TCL 4 Series vs 6 Series
TCL 6 will deliver you the best picture quality because it is combined with QLED technology. Also, it has a Mini-LED feature that offers precise contrast control with amazing brightness. At the same time, the QLED offers a lifelike picture with wide color. Anyhow, its breathtaking Dolby Vision gives edge-to-edge detail so that you immerse in what you are watching.
TCL 4, on the other hand, has stunning 4K ultra HD resolution. As a result, it offers a remarkable visual experience while the HDR provides a bright color.
Easy to Control
Both TVs are more straightforward to control than any conventional television. Since these two have a remote control, also have a Roku mobile app integrated with voice control. Hence, you can transform your smartphone into a remote. Or use the voice assistant to switch between different channels.
TCL 4 and TCL 6 Series TVs have built-in Dolby Audio. This creates rich surround sound so that you will fully immerse yourself in the games or movies. You can also enjoy private listening by connecting headphones via the Roku Mobile App. Additionally, if you want, you can purchase a speaker for your TV. But remember, these devices don’t support any Wireless speaker.
These two TVs are compatible with Roku Smart TV. It allows you access to more than 500,000 movies, many TV shows, games, sports, news channels, streaming music, and much more. And creating an account on Roku is free, you need to pay for the channel subscriptions.
TCL 4 has a 60Hz refresh rate, besides, TCL 6 has a 120Hz refresh rate. Therefore, TCL 6 offers you smoother performance than the 4 Series. It refreshes the display 120 times per second. That is incredible. At the same time, TCL 4 refreshes 60 times in a second. So, to get the smoothest production, you should get the updated version.
If you are serious about the game, TCL 6 is the way to go. This device has THX Certified Mode so that you can gain an optimal view experience while playing on the big screen. This also combines Auto Game Mode. This means when the device can detect any compatible game console, it will automatically set up the game for you.
Whereas the TCL 4 won’t offer you these convenient features. Instead, you need to manually set up the game in the 4 Series.
These outstanding TCL TV Series combine with a one-year limited warranty. It gives free repair service for any manufacturer defects. But if you damage any part or if your TV has a single scratch, they won’t cover it. In fact, you have to pay for the repair. Additionally, this only applies to the original user.
TCL 6 overall is the best smart TV so far. It will deliver you seamless performance than any other device, plus this is perfect for people who want to enjoy games on the big screen. And we highly suggest you pick the TCL 6.
But if you have a tight budget, then invest in the TCL 4!
Frequently Asked Questions about TCL 4 Series vs. 6 Series
|Does TCL 4 support a wireless speaker?
No, this does not support wireless speakers yet, but you can use the Roku App for private listening.
Can I plug an external speaker into the TCL 6?
Yes, you can plug an external speaker into the TCL 6, but this doesn’t support a wireless speaker.
Does TCL 6 support AirPlay?
Yes, it supports AirPlay, so you can stream your iPhone on the TCL 6.
Does TCL 6 compatible with Alexa?
Yes, it is integrated with Alexa plus Google Assistant voice command.
Do they come with a remote?
Yes, TCL 4 and 6 come with a remote, including batteries.
You have interest in some other comparisons below:
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?