TCL 5 Series and 6 Series are two excellent TVs, but if you wanna get the best one then you should choose TCL 6 Series. Let’s read in the following section why you can grab the TCL 6.
Why Should You Choose TCL 6?
- TCL 6 combines with a 120Hz refresh rate to deliver the user a smoother performance than its competitor. TCL 5, besides, has a 60Hz refresh rate.
- It allows you to control the contrast ratio to your needs which is very convenient. Since you can adjust it between the bright and dark areas on the screen. Besides, TCL 5 doesn’t offer any contrast ratio.
- This TV combines with Mini-LED technology, while the 5 Series doesn’t build with this feature. It will give you uncompromised contrast plus a brightness view in any environment.
- TCL 5 Series and TCL 6 Series combine with Auto Game Mode, but this device also has THX-certified Game Mode. This mode delivers the most optimal viewing experience for games. Also, the THX improves the TV response time so that you never miss a moment.
If you are searching for a TV for seamless streaming plus enjoy games, then TCL 6 is the best device to go.
Similar Features of TCL 5 Series and 6 Series
- TCL 5 and 6 are equipped with QLED technology, giving a wider color volume and better brightness.
- Both are integrated with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa Voice command for the effortless operation.
- These TVs are compatible with Roku Smart TV, so you can access thousands of movies, shows, games, news, to everything in between.
- They have a sleep timer, hence you can set a timer, and the TV will automatically turn off itself.
- These TCL devices are built with 4K Ultra HD resolution to deliver you lifelike pictures.
Quick Specifications Chart TCL 5 Series vs 6 Series
|Specifications||TCL 5 Series||TCL 6 Series|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Refresh Rate||60 hertz||120 hertz|
|Screen Size||55 Inches||65 inches|
|Contrast Control Zones||No||Yes|
|THX Certified Game Mode||No||Yes|
|Auto Game Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless, USB, HDMI||HDMI, USB, Wi-Fi|
|Voice Control||Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant||Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant|
|Resolution||4K Ultra HD||4K Ultra HD|
|Audio Power (Watts)||2 Channel x 8W||2 Channel x 8W|
|Advanced PQ Setting with Mobile App||Yes||Yes|
|Multilingual On-Screen-Display||English, Spanish, French||English, Spanish, French|
|Control Buttons||Power/Menu, <,>||Power/Menu, <,>|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty||1 year limited warranty|
Differences and Similarities Between TCL 5 Series and 6 Series
TCL 5 and TCL 6 devices have 4K Ultra HD resolution combined with Dolby Vision. So, you will get more lifelike picture quality from these devices, while the 4K Ultra HD gives superior picture clarity. Moreover, they combine with QLED technology, which delivers you better brightness with wide color volume.
Additionally, TCL 6 Series also has Mini-LED technology. As a result, it offers incredible viewing in any environment. Also, the 6 Series lets you adjust the contrast ratio.
Easy to Control
You can transform your smartphone into a remote control via the Roku Smart Tv for effortless operation. This lets you browse new channels or stream TV shows. In addition, the Roku mobile app enables you to connect your headphones for private listening.
Furthermore, TCL 5 and 6 TVs are integrated with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control. Therefore, you can search for whatever you want simply with your voice.
They are compatible with Roku smart TV, which allows you to stream more than thousands of channels. You can access 500,000 movies, different TV shows, games, news, sports, music, and much more instantly.
TCL 5 and 6 Series TVs are compatible with Dolby Audio. You will get surround sound from these smart TVs. Therefore, their built-in speaker will deliver you the best crystal clear sound. Moreover, you can also purchase a soundbar separately for your TCL.
You will get a 120Hz refresh rate from the TCL 6 series, whereas TCL 5 has a 60Hz refresh rate. The Series 6 device refreshes the device more than the previous one. So, it will deliver you a smooth performance.
On the other hand, TCL 5 also refreshes the screen 60 times per second. As a result, it also delivers a smoother performance than any traditional device.
These TCL TVs are best for playing games since they feature auto game mode. Furthermore, the TCL 6 is THX certified so that you gain the competitive edge with the most optimal viewing experience. It increases the screen response time thus, you will never miss any action and immerse fully in the game.
However, they also have auto gaming mode, so when you connect any compatible game, this will automatically detect the console. Thus the device will set the display for the best gaming and smoothest action.
TCL 5 and TCL 6 TV come up with a few handy goodies so that you can start using them right after unboxing them. Both come with a remote including batteries, the TV stand, power cord. And they give you a quick start guide and warranty info paper.
You can use TCL TVs for years to come without any issues. Also, they deliver a one-year warranty from the date you purchase it. After that, if there are any workmanship defects on the TV, you can claim a free repair service. But to claim the warranty, you need to make sure the TV has no scratch or any damages. Or else you won’t get a free repair service.
TCL 6 is an amazing TV compared to the TCL 5 Series. So if you are searching for a TV with the best picture quality and the perfect screen for games, TCL 6 is the best way to go. But if you want to save some bucks, the TCL 5 is the way to go.
Frequently Asked Questions about TCL 5 Series and TCL 6 Series
|Do they provide any manufacturer warranty?
Yes, TCL offers a one-year limited warranty against any manufacturer defects.
Does the TCL 6 have an HDMI 2.1 port?
No, this doesn’t build with the HDMI 2.1 port, you need to purchase an HDMI cable separately.
What is the refresh rate of TCL 5 and 6 Series?
The TCL 5 Series has a 60Hertz refresh rate, while the TCL 6 Series offers 120 Hertz.
Can I use a standard wall mount for TCL 5?
Sure, this TCL Roku TV is compatible with most wall mounts that support 200mm x 200mm VESA mounting patterns.
Does TCL 4 TV decode DTS?
This device decodes not only DTS but also the Dolby Atmos that delivers exceptional surround sound.
You can also read some other comparisons here:
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.10.25Breville Barista Pro vs Express – See why Barista Pro is Better?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Breville Smart Grinder Pro vs Baratza Encore – Which one to pick?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Baratza Sette 30 vs 270 – Choose Baratza Sette 270 & Why?
- Baby Car Seat2022.08.30Chicco Nextfit vs Graco Extend2fit – Check why Nextfit is Better!