UE Blast and Boom 3 speakers are perfect for outdoor activities. But if you want to get all the goods in a small package, you should pick UE Boom 3.
Why Should You Pick UE Boom 3?
- UE Boom 3 delivers 15 hours of killer battery backup so that you stay powered throughout your adventures. Besides, UE Blast provides 12 hours playback; also, it drains the battery quicker, which is not pleasant.
- It is equipped with the Ultimate Ears app so that you can pair up more than 150 speakers to get the ultimate surrounding sound experience. In contrast, the app lets UE Blast instantly connect eight speakers for big party mode.
- The Boom 3 comes with two-tone performance fabric, which is tough yet beautiful to ensure the speaker’s durability. On the other hand, its competitors do not have build quality like this device. So, you can use UE Blast 3 for years to come since it is built with durable material.
- Compared to the Blast, the Boom 3 is lightweight therefore, you can easily carry this device on the go.
- Both have 360-degree sound, but UE Boom 3 produces bold and crystal clear sound, which brings music to life. Whereas UE Blast creates a deeper base, you won’t get crystal sound from this speaker.
These features make UE Boom 3 better than UE Blast, and if you want to get the best one, this would be your best bet.
Similar Features of UE Blast vs Boom 3
- UE Blast and Boom 3 combine with up to 150 ft Bluetooth range so that you can connect your smartphone from a long distance.
- They have a magic button for convenient music streaming. This lets you effortlessly play/pause or skip tracks.
- These two speakers are completely waterproof, as well as dustproof. Both devices can be submerged in water up to 1 meter for 30-minutes.
Quick Comparison Chart: UE Boom 3 Vs Blast
|Specifications||UE Blast||UE Boom 3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.3 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Battery Life||12 hours||15 hours|
|360° Sound||Deep Bass||Bold Sound+Deep Bass|
|Weight||2.49 pounds||1.8 pounds|
|Connectivity and Range||Bluetooth 150 ft||Bluetooth 150 ft|
|Dimensions||2.68 x 7.4 x 7.4 inches||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches|
|Water & Dustproof||Yes||Yes|
|Charging Dock Compatibility||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities Between UE Blast and UE Boom 3
UE Blast and Boom 3 produce 360-degree bold, immersive sound for a longer time. These devices bring music to life whenever you take it on an adventure. They create insanely powerful sounds even though they are very tiny. However, these speakers create accurate, balanced music that you would love. Moreover, you will get a rich, deep bass texture which is true to the music.
These UE speakers are combined with a magic button which is very convenient. It allows you to change track and play/pause the speaker with just a button. Also, this lets you customize the playlist on Spotify, Apple Music, and Deezer Premium.
When it comes to battery backup, you will get a longer time on Boom 3 rather than Blast. This device delivers up to 15 hours of battery life on a charge which is perfect for a long adventure. Besides, UE Blast can last for 12 hours on a charge, but it drains the battery quickly when you listen to music at the highest volume.
Nevertheless, both speakers are compatible with a charging dock so that you can wirelessly charge them. But unfortunately, they do not offer the charging dock with the speaker. Instead, you have to purchase it separately.
These UE Bluetooth speakers are fully waterproof, as well as dustproof. Hence, you can use these devices in any harsh environment, yet the devices won’t damage. Additionally, you can submerge these speakers in water for 30 minutes for up to 1 meter.
App & Voice Integration
UE Boom 3 device is both Ultimate Ears app & Alexa voice integrated, which is very convenient. The app allows you effortlessly operate the device also, this notifies you when any updates are available. Anyhow, the Boom 3 lets you connect your speaker with other speakers via PartyUp. Thus, you will get the ultimate surround experience when paired up with the devices.
On the other hand, Alexa gives you hands-free voice control. So you can effortlessly change any track or play your favorite music or whichever you want.
You can use these speakers for years to come since both are built with quality material. Yet UE Boom 3 is slightly better because it has a rugged fabric body that gives an extreme performance.
These UE speakers deliver a two-year warranty from the date you purchase them. This period will cover manufacturer defects but won’t provide free repair if you damage any part.
UE Blast and Boom 3 are incredible speakers built with quality features. Both are great for any adventure trip, yet we strongly recommend UE Boom 3. It gives a slightly longer battery backup, produces accurate sound, plus combines with other properties. But if you like UE Blast functions, then go with this either.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Blast and Boom 3
Can I pair two speakers with UE Boom 3?
Yes, the device is compatible with the Ultimate Ears app, which lets you pair the speaker with more than two speakers at the same time.
Are they Alexa compatible?
Yes, UE Blast and Boom 3 speakers are Alexa voice compatible, so you can easily control them.
What is the average battery life of UE Blast?
UE Blast provides 12 hours of backup on a single charge, but it drains the battery quickly when you are listening to music at full volume.
Are they charging dock compatible?
Yes, both speakers are charging dock compatible so that you can charge up the device wirelessly. But they do not provide the dock, and you need to purchase it separately.
Is the UE Boom 3 waterproof?
Yes, this device is fully waterproof and can be submerged in water for 30 minutes.
Read related articles here –