Why should you pick UE Boom 3?
- UE Boom 3 weighs less than the Megaboom. It’s much easier to carry Boom 3 to your party or camp than the other one.
- This Bluetooth speaker comes with a wireless charging feature. So there won’t be any hassle with the charging of the speaker.
- The Ultimate Ears Boom 3 is an IP67 rated waterproof device that made this one completely water & dust-proof. Its competitor is just an ordinary IPx7 rated device.
- There is a magic button on the UE Boom 3 to control the playlist with a single touch. Megaboom doesn’t have this button.
I guess you are no more confused why UE Boom 3 would be the perfect choice for you. This one will surely enhance your musical adventure with its super performance.
Similarities between UE Boom 3 & Megaboom
- The speakers are completely waterproof and spill-proof. So, you can bring them to the beach or pool party without any worry.
- Multiple color variants available for the speakers. As a result, you can choose one according to your taste.
- The speakers are covered with high-quality fabric material that makes them much durable even in extreme adventures.
- These are premium build-quality speakers with good sound & bass. So, they will make your party more pleasant.
You will get these similar functions on both Bluetooth speakers. But if you want to enjoy superb sound quality then you should go with UE Boom 3.
|Specifications||UE Boom 3||Megaboom|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches||3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches|
|Product Weight||1.8 pounds||1.93 pounds|
|Battery Life||15 hours||20 hours|
|Waterproof||IP67 rated||IPx7 rated|
|Battery||1 A Battery required (included)||1 Lithium Polymer Battery required (included)|
|Warranty||2-Year of Warranty||2-Year of Warranty|
Detail about the features of UE Boom 3 & Megaboom
The Bluetooth speakers come with a very premium outlook. They come in an easily holdable shape. Without hassle, you can bear them wherever you want. The Megaboom is quite larger in shape, so it is easier to carry the UE Boom 3.
There are two large plus & minus buttons to adjust the volume. Other control buttons are at the top of the speakers. Whole-body of the UE Boom 3 is covered with the same fabric, while the Megaboom has an extra layer under the volume buttons.
UE Boom 3 has a better body structure and will last in any situation as this one is an IP67 rated waterproof device. There won’t be any problem with any water or dust. The speakers won’t get damaged even for a drop from a certain height.
There is so much flexibility in using the devices. So this speaker can be played in any poolside or beach party without an issue. The Megaboom is an IPx7 rated device. So this is durable in only water or spill touch.
You may want to pair your speaker with other devices during a party for a louder sound. These speakers can be paired with more than 100 similar speakers. So, you are free to use the speakers at an outside party. You are required to use the PartyUp feature of Ultimate Ears to connect with other Boom or Megaboom speakers. You will get a next-level sound and bass by availing of this feature.
Battery & Charging
Bluetooth speakers require a decent battery backup so that you can use them anywhere. UE Boom 3 has a powerful battery that will give you a backup of 15 hours with a single charge. There is a separate charging dock available by which you can charge your speaker without any wire. The other one, Megaboom, also has a solid battery with a 20 hours backup.
Sound & Bass
The speakers have excellent bass and sound quality that will be very satisfying without any doubt. The UE Boom 3 comes with a bold sound and a deep bass. The sound quality won’t get damaged for any high or low-level bass. Megaboom has different sound output.
This one will provide you a rich deep bass with a premium sound. The speakers are designed such as they will provide a 360-degree sound. So you are getting the same sound doesn’t matter what the position of the speaker.
Magic Button & Controls
There is a magic button on top of the UE Boom 3. You will be able to control your playlist with this single button. You can use the magic button to play or skip songs on your playlist. The Megaboom doesn’t have the magic button included. There is a bungee hanger in the UE Boom 3 that can easily carry this Bluetooth speaker.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers are manufactured from high-quality materials, and that is apparent. They can be used in any pool or beach-side party as they are completely waterproof. Ultimate Ears provide a 2-year of warranty for the speakers. Boom 3 will be a better option if you consider durability for its indestructible design.
I guess you got all the information you wanted about these speakers. Both the speakers are packed with features, but Boom 3 is the winner here. This one has comparatively better build quality with extraordinary sound quality. If you are considering the battery backup over anything, you should choose the Megaboom then.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Boom 3 & Megaboom
|Is it possible to pair multiple speakers at a time?
Sure, you can pair up to 100 Boom/Megaboom speakers.
Does it take much time to charge the batteries?
No, they come with a fast-charging feature.
Do the speakers come with a wireless charger?
Yes. There is a dock available for wireless charging.
Is there any distortion for the high-bass level?
No, not at all. The sound will stay clear at any level.
Is there any built-in mic to answer calls?
Unfortunately, no. You can answer calls through the speakers.
Are there any camouflage variants of color?
There is a Jungle Grey variant that looks like camouflage.
Find other Bluetooth speaker comparisons here.
- JBL Charge 4 Vs Flip 4
- UE Megaboom 3 vs JBL Charge 4
- UE Megablast vs Megaboom 3
- JBL Flip 5 vs UE Boom 3
- JBL Boombox vs Boombox 2
- Ultimate Ears Boom 2 vs Boom 3
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Shoe2022.05.20Air Max 95 vs 97 – Check Why We Recommend Air Max 95!
- Computer Accessories2022.05.19Logitech K350 vs MK550 – Check why should you pick MK550 Combo!
- Smart TV2022.05.18Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch – Which is the best smartwatch?
- Computer Accessories2022.05.18Logitech MK235 vs MK270 – Check Why Logitech MK270 is Better!