What Features Made Megaboom Better?
- Megaboom comes with 20 hours of battery backup, while the UE Boom will provide you only 15 hours of battery backup.
- This speaker can be accessed from 100 ft. In contrast, its competitor’s Bluetooth range is only 50ft.
- You can use your MEGABOOM App to unlock features like Block Party, Remove On/Off, Customizable EQ, Musical Alarm, and Tap Controls. On the contrary, UE Boom doesn’t have such App.
- The Megaboom can be paired with 150+ Boom 2/Megaboom speakers. But UE Boom can not be paired with more than 8 speakers.
- This device is completely waterproof and comes with an IPx7 rating that allows you to party at the beach, pool, or waterfall. The other one, UE Boom, doesn’t have any standard waterproof rating.
These are the reasons behind recommending the Megaboom over the UE Boom. Go for this one to have a better musical adventure.
Similarities between UE Boom & Megaboom
- Comes with multiple color variants.
- The build quality is very premium than the usual devices.
- They are very comfortable and lightweight to carry.
- They can be paired with multiple speakers for a better sound.
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||2.8 x 2.8 x 7.1 inches||3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches|
|Product Weight||1.22 pounds||1.93 pounds|
|Battery||1 Lithium Metal Battery required (installed)||1 Lithium Polymer Battery required (installed)|
|Battery Life||15 Hours||20 Hours|
|Bluetooth range||50 ft||100 ft|
|Warranty||2-Year of Warranty||2-Year of Warranty|
Comparison of Features between UE Boom & Megaboom
The only noticeable change between these two speakers is the size. UE Boom and Megaboom have almost a similar outlook. Two large volume adjustment buttons are placed on the side, and the rest of the controls are placed on the top and portion. The body of the speakers is covered with premium fabrics. The Megaboom has a better build quality than the Boom.
The speakers come with a very decent battery backup. You will be able to play these devices on any outdoor occasion. Megaboom has a stronger battery with a backup of 20 hours.
A full day can be covered with a single charge if you have the Megaboom in your hand. UE Boom will provide you 15 hours with a single charge. So it will be a wise decision to choose the Megaboom if the battery is your preference.
Sound & Bass
You will be fully satisfied with the sound quality of the speakers. There are updated drivers included on these speakers for a better output. The Megaboom will provide you deep rich bass and a louder sound.
The sound will stay clear on any level of bass. The sound quality of the UE Boom is also top-notch. The 360-degree body of this speaker will give you a bold and rich resonant sound in every direction.
You have the freedom to use the Megaboom in any pool or beachside parties. The Megaboom won’t have any issue if there is any contact with water. This device is IPx7 rated waterproof, and there won’t be any defect for 1m of underwater. There was no standard waterproof rating for the UE Boom. So be careful while using the UE Boom in any poolside party.
Both the speakers are available in multiple color variants. UE Boom is available in three color variants of Black, White, and a Funky Zebra variant. The other one, Megaboom, has 4 color options of Black, Blue, Plum, and Lava red. You can choose your desired one from the color options.
Double Up & PartyUp
The Megaboom can be connected with a 150+ Boom 2 or Megaboom device. You are required to use the UE app to avail this feature. Pairing with a 150+ speaker will give you a louder sound, and the bass level will be unbelievable. The UE Boom can be connected with two UE Booms for a stereo and powerful sound by using the UE app.
Durability & Warranty
The build quality of the speakers is very premium as they are built with high-quality components. UE is one of the finest speaker manufacturer companies. The speakers are designed to last a long period. Ultimate Ears provide a 2-year of warranty for the speakers.
Boom and Megaboom are the first two speakers of this series. These giant yet lightweight speakers are very suitable for any party or musical program. The battery and the waterproof rating of the Megaboom made this winner in this comparison. So my final recommendation for anyone will be the Megaboom.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Boom & Megaboom
|Is there any distortion of sound in a higher bass level?
Not at all. The sound is clear at any bass level.
Can I pair the UE Boom with other speakers?
Sure. You can pair the Boom with two other Boom speakers.
Do they have a wireless charging feature?
Unfortunately, No. But they take very few hours to charge.
How is the battery backup of the speakers?
They are pretty decent with a full charge.
Check out other speakers’ comparisons here.
- JBL Charge 4 vs UE Boom 3
- JBL Clip 2 vs 3
- Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3
- JBL Charge 3 vs Flip 4
- UE Boom 3 vs Megaboom
- JBL Charge 4 Vs Flip 4
- UE Megaboom 3 vs JBL Charge 4
- UE Megablast vs Megaboom 3
- JBL Flip 5 vs UE Boom 3
- JBL Boombox vs Boombox 2
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Shoe2022.05.20Air Max 95 vs 97 – Check Why We Recommend Air Max 95!
- Computer Accessories2022.05.19Logitech K350 vs MK550 – Check why should you pick MK550 Combo!
- Smart TV2022.05.18Apple Watch vs Samsung Watch – Which is the best smartwatch?
- Computer Accessories2022.05.18Logitech MK235 vs MK270 – Check Why Logitech MK270 is Better!