Why I suggest JBL Charge 4?
- You will be able to answer crystal clear calls from your speaker on the Charge 4 as there is a mic on the speaker. But Megaboom 3 doesn’t have this useful feature.
- JBLCharge 4 is small-sized and weighs less than the Megaboom 3. So, it will be easier to carry this one into your party space and outdoors as well. In contrast, Megaboom 3 weighs much and is tough to carry.
- Charge 4 can connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets wirelessly to the speaker to enjoy the powerful sound. But Megaboom 3 can’t connect 2 devices like Charge 4.
- It comes with a powerful 20 hours of battery backup with a 7500mAH battery. On the contrary, UE Megaboom won’t give you a decent battery backup like Charge 4.
- Charge 4 has a premium design that looks better than the giant-sized Megaboom 3.
All these key points made JBL Charge 4 the winner over Megaboom 3. For all those reasons, we highly recommend Charge 4 for you.
Similarities between UE Megaboom 3 & JBL Charge 4
- They are completely waterproof with a premium design. So, it won’t be any problem if they get wet.
- Built and covered with high-quality fabric that makes them very durable even in extreme adventures.
- They can be paired with more than 100+ devices that will help you rock the party or magnify your listening experience to a tremendous level.
You are gonna enjoy these similar functions from both Bluetooth speakers. But if you want the best sound quality with some improved features then you should pick JBL Charge 4.
|Specifications||UE Megaboom 3||JBL Charge 4|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches||9.1 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches|
|Item Weight||1.93 pounds||1.8 pounds|
|Battery Life||20 Hours||20 Hours|
|Pair with Other Speakers||150+ Boom/Megabooms||Up to 100 Connect+|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer Battery (installed)||1 LR44 Battery (installed)|
|Warranty||2-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences and Similarities between UE Megaboom 3 & JBL Charge 4
The Bluetooth speakers come with their trademark design of the Megaboom and Charge series. Both of the speakers are covered with premium fabrics and look great, though. The JBL Charge 4 is structured horizontally, while the Megaboom can be placed as vertical or horizontal both. There are two large plus & minus buttons on the Megaboom 3, and other control buttons are on the top and bottom. Charge 4 has the buttons placed well and can be accessed easily. The JBL Charge 4 is designed as an IPx7 waterproof device that will last well in any water or dust contact. The other one is just IP67 rated.
The speakers come with a decent battery & will provide you standard battery backup. The JBL Charge 4 comes with a powerful 7500mAH battery and will last for more than 20 hours on a single charge. On the other hand, the Megaboom also has 20 hours of backup, but the battery is not as powerful as the JBL one.
Sound & Bass
Both the speakers will give you the best experience of sounds. The JBL Charge has a premium sound and bass. This device will provide you an extraordinary bass with its dual passive radiators. The bass and the sounds will be truly ear-catching. Megaboom 3 also has a loud and clear sound quality. The bassy effect will stay the same at any sound level. Both of the speakers will give you a 360-degree sound experience.
There are multiple color variants available for the speakers. Choose your preference from the large collection accordingly. JBL Charge 4 has a total of 14 color variants of different colors. There are two camouflage variations that look unique to the traditional colors. On the other hand, UE Megaboom has a total of 5 color variants of single colors.
If you want to connect your speakers with other nearby speakers for a louder effect, you can do so by the Connect+ feature. This feature will enable you to connect your JBL Charge 4 with more than 100+ Connect-enabled speakers. This will amplify your listening experience to another level. UE Megaboom can be paired too with the help of the PartyUp feature. You can pair this device with more than 150 similar speakers.
Durability & Warranty
The devices are built so well that there won’t be an issue for any extreme use. They can be used at any outdoor party without any doubt. The speakers will float in water, plus they are completely waterproof, so no worry about a poolside party. You will have 2 years of warranty for the UE Megaboom 3 and 1-year for the JBL Charge 4.
JBL and UE have some amazing Bluetooth speakers. These two are fully packed with the feature, but JBL Charge is the speaker that will enhance your party more than the other one. You will have a premium bass and sound on this device. If you can pair your Charge 4 with another similar device, then it will be a blast for sure.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Megaboom 3 vs. JBL Charge 4
|Can I charge my phone through Charge 4?|
Sure, there is a USB port to charge your phone.
Is there any light indication on the switches of Megaboom 3?
Yes. There is an indication of the power and the magic button.
How good is the JBL Charge 4 for outdoor?
It’s pretty good. Connect the speaker with another one for a better output.
How is the Bass of the Charge 4?
It’s very premium. There is a bass radiator on this speaker.
How is the Bluetooth connectivity of the speakers?
They are very decent. It can be accessed from a 100-feet distance.
Read more articles about speakers here.