UE Megaboom and Megablast Bluetooth speakers sound great, but we strongly suggest you pick UE Megablast.
Why Should You Pick UE Megablast?
- UE Megablast is an Alexa integrated device; you can ask Alexa to blast tunes from Spotify, iHeartRadio, or Amazon Music with your voice control. Besides, UE Megaboom is missing this handy function.
- It can flawlessly connect any device up to 150 ft while its rival can connect 100 ft. Besides, its competitor has a Bluetooth drop issue that is not convenient,
- The Megablast combines with dock charging so that you can charge your speaker wirelessly. But the Megaboom doesn’t include this handy function.
- This device is IP67 rated while its competitor is IPX7, making a slight difference. The IP67 ensures your speaker is fully waterproof and dustproof, whereas Megaboom is not.
- These Ultimate devices produce powerful 360-degree sound, but the Megablast is better. That’s because it has a powerful sound with heart-pounding bass and clarity. On the other hand, its competitor cannot produce a rich sound like Megablast.
These were the features we mentioned Megablast better than Megaboom. So, you should consider its functions to make your decision worth it.
Similar Features UE Megaboom and Megablast
- UE Megaboom and Megablast Bluetooth speakers are apps compatible for effortless operation. In addition, the app lets you change settings or equalize the settings and much more.
- They have a speakerphone function. Thus, you can answer the call from your smartphone or by pressing the Bluetooth button on the device.
- These Ultimate speakers deliver a two-year warranty from the date you purchase them. Moreover, you can use them for years to come since these two are built with rugged material and waterproof & dustproof.
- You can take your parties to a whole new level with these Ultimate Ears devices, as they can be connected to up to 150+ Boom, Megaboom, or Boom+ speakers.
Quick Comparison Chart of UE Megaboom and Megablast
|Specifications||UE Megaboom||UE Megablast|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Bluetooth Range||100 ft||150 ft|
|Dock Charging Compatibility||No||Yes|
|360° Sound||Rich Deep Bass||Powerful Sound+Thundering Bass|
|Battery Life||Up to 20 hrs||Up to 16 hrs|
|Dimensions||3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches||3.5 x 3.5 x 9.4 inches|
|Weight||1.93 pounds||2.60 lbs|
|Pair Speakers to PartyUp||150+ BOOM 2 / MEGABOOM||150+ BOOMs / MEGABOOMs|
Things You Can Consider about UE Megaboom –
- You will get 20 hours of playback time with this device on a charge, while Megablast offers 16 hours of backup. If you want a long battery backup, then think about this device.
- Compared to the Magablast, this speaker is compact and lightweight, making it effortless to carry on the go.
- UE Megaboom is affordable compared to other ones, and if you have a tight budget go with this speaker with your eyes closed.
Differences and Similarities between UE Megaboom and UE Megablast
When it comes to sound quality, both devices deliver phenomenal sound. UE Megaboom and Megablast produce 360-degree intensely rich music, yet you will get stunning clarity. But there’s a little difference between these speakers, and the Megblast creates heart-pounding bass wherever you go.
However, their 360-degree feature ensures you are fully immersed in whatever you listen to. Nevertheless, both produce impressive sound, but we recommend the UE Megablast thus, you can go with this speaker.
You will get a superior Bluetooth range with UE Megablast since it has a 150 ft range while Megablast has a 100 ft. Anyhow, the Megablast gives you seamless connectivity, whereas its’ competitor does not. The UE Megaboom Bluetooth has a dropout issue which is not pleasant. Thus, you can depend on the Megablast device for seamless connectivity every time.
When it comes to battery life, UE Megabom is better as it provides 20 hours of playback time on a single charge. In contrast, Megablast delivers up to 16 hours of battery life.
Nevertheless, the Megablast has a dock charging function for wireless charging. But if you want to use this function, you have to purchase the dock separately as the speaker doesn’t deliver this thing. In contrast, the Megaboom is not compatible with the dock charging feature, which is unpleasant.
These are compatible with the Megaboom app, and it gives impressive usability. You can now wirelessly on/off the power, customize the EQ or create a musical alarm via the Megaboom app on both speakers. Furthermore, the speakers let you customize the EQ on the devices for incredible bass.
UE Megablast is integrated with Alexa voice assistant, while UE Megaboom lacks this function. Anyhow, Alexa integration allows you to control music via your voice without reaching your smartphone or the speaker. For example, you can power on/off the device, change the track, ask the time zone of any country or do everything in between via voice.
UE Megaboom and Megablast are waterproof speakers, yet there’s a slight difference. The Megaboom is IPX7 rated, while Megablast is IP67 rated, and the IP67 is better. It ensures any devices are fully waterproof and dustproof to ensure durability. At the same time, the speakers can be submerged into the water fully, but it won’t damage the speaker.
Anyhow, the Megaboom can also handle little water or dust. But its’ not ideal to take a shower or underwater.
You will also get a two-year warranty on these Ultimate Ears speakers from the date you get them. They will cover any manufacturer damages on the machines but won’t cover if you damage anything.
When it comes to purchasing a Bluetooth speaker, you should consider its sound quality. And UE Megablast will deliver you incredible sound compared to Megaboom.
Also, it is integrated with Alexa plus offers an extended Bluetooth range for a seamless connection. Thus, we highly recommend you choose this device. Or, if you are looking for an affordable option, go with UE Megaboom either.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Megaboom and Megablast
Are they Alexa-compatible Bluetooth speakers?
UE Megablast is integrated with Alexa, while UE Megaboom is not.
Do they have speakerphones?
Yes, UE Megaboom and Megaboom have combined speakerphone features so that you can pick calls.
How long is the Megablast playback time?
UE Megablast delivers up to 16 hours of playback time on a charge, additionally, this device is compatible with the dock charging function. Thus, you can charge this speaker wirelessly.
Can I turn them off via the app?
Yes, you can turn off these UE devices via the app, which is very convenient.
Are they fully waterproof?
UE Megablast is an IP67 rated device that makes it fully waterproof & dustproof. Hence, you can take this device underwater or shower. Besides, UE Megaboom is IPX7 rated, so the speaker can handle water or dust effectively.
You may have interest in other articles –