UE Megaboom and Megaboom 3 are purely excellent Bluetooth speakers. But if you want to get the best one, we highly recommend you pick UE Megaboom 3.
Why Should You Pick UE Megaboom 3?
- UE Megaboom 3 is integrated with the magic button, whereas the Megaboom is not. However, this button lets you control the music right from the speaker, and you don’t need to reach the phone. With the magic button, you can play, skip or pause the track effortlessly.
- It features up to 150 ft Bluetooth range. Besides, its competitor has a 100 ft range. Hence, even if your mobile is not near still, you can pair up the speaker.
- Both combine with 360-degree surround sound, but this creates intensive bass. You can enjoy the smooth sound without any distortion or exaggeration. So, if you want a balanced yet immersive sound, then Megaboom 3 is the best option to choose.
- These two incredible speakers deliver up to 20 hours of battery backup, which is impressive. But the Megaboom’s battery life is a bit shorter when using the device at full volume. Fortunately, the Megaboom 3 doesn’t drain the battery like its brother.
- This speaker is compatible with the charging dock so that you can charge up the device wirelessly. But UE Megaboom is not compatible with this handy feature.
UE Megaboom and Megaboom 3 devices create rich sound, yet these updated features make the Megaboom 3 the best. So, consider its functions so that you make the best purchasing decision.
- UE Megaboom and Megaboom 3 are designed with waterproof and drop-proof features. These devices can be submerged in water for 30 minutes, but they won’t damage anything.
- These speakers let you pair up to 8 Bluetooth devices. Also, you can connect two devices simultaneously so that you get rich, balanced sound.
- You can also customize the EQ on these speakers from their customized tuner and four different presets.
Comparison Chart of UE Megaboom vs. Megaboom 3
|Specifications||UE Megaboom||UE Megaboom 3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Connectivity and Range||100 ft||Bluetooth 150 ft|
|360° Sound||Rich Deep Bass||Powerful Sound+Thundering Bass|
|Charging Dock Compatibility||No||Yes|
|Battery Life||Up to 20 hrs||Up to 20 hrs|
|Pair Speakers to PartyUp||150+ BOOM 2 / MEGABOOM||150+ BOOMs / MEGABOOMs|
|Dimensions||3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches||3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches|
|Weight||1.93 pounds||2.9 pounds|
UE Megaboom Features that You can Consider –
- This speaker also works as a speakerphone, and when a call comes into your phone, it will automatically pause the music. And you can talk via the speaker, isn’t it interesting?
- The UE Megaboom is equipped with doubling up, which allows you to pair this device with two Megabooms. Therefore, they will produce a bigger sound so that you can enjoy the party the most.
You will find these features in this speaker, and if you think these would be incredible for you, you can choose this device. Otherwise, the Megaboom 3 is a great choice.
Details comparison of UE Megaboom vs Megaboom 3
These UE wireless speakers are effortless to carry on the go. You can take them wherever you throw a party since these two are significantly easier to handle. Both are compact and have a cylindrical shape which makes them easier to hold.
However, the UE Megaboom is 3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches. On the other hand, the Megaboom 3 size is 3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches. At the same time, the Megaboom’s weight is 1.93 pounds, whereas the other one is 2.9 pounds.
As you can see, there’s not much difference in terms of size and weight of these speakers, which makes the portability easier.
When it comes to sound quality, UE Megaboom and Megaboom 3 deliver powerful, loud 360-degree sound. In addition, both speakers produce an immersive yet clear and balanced tone at every volume level.
Their max sound level is 90dBc, besides the frequency range is 65Hz – 20kHz. However, these two devices will take your party to the next level at the same time; you can hear every note.
UE Megaboom and Megaboom 3 have a remarkable battery life of up to 20 hours. One single charge is enough for the device to cover the whole party. However, even though they mentioned you would get 20 hours of backup when using the UE Megaboom at total volume, it will drain the battery quicker. Fortunately, the Megaboom 3 doesn’t drain the battery.
Moreover, the Megaboom 3 has wireless power up charging so that you can charge up the device wirelessly.
Easy to Use
Operating these wireless speakers is a breeze since they are combined with the UE Boom app. It allows you to customize the EQ from the four presets, as well as you can customize the equalizer. Moreover, the app lets you turn or/off the speaker hence you don’t need to use the push button of the device.
In addition, the UE Megaboom 3 features a magic button that is missing on the UE Megaboom. This button enables the user to skip a song or play/pause a track directly from the speaker.
These speakers carry an IP67 rating, which means the devices are waterproof and they can handle 1-meter of water for 30 minutes. Both are designed seriously wet as well as booming. They have the floating feature, but you don’t need to worry about the machine’s durability.
Furthermore, these two speakers are dustproof; thus, you can use them even in the rainy season or poolside. Or take them to any dusty weather without thinking much.
The UE Megaboom and Megaboom 3 are combined with a two-year limited warranty to cover any manufacturer damages. Or, if you find any issues while using these two speakers, you can claim the free service.
Anyhow, these Megaboom are built with rigid material, which makes them durable so that you can use them for years to come.
In terms of mini portable speakers, these Megaboom devices are the perfect option. Both come with quality features, but some handy properties make the UE Megaboom 3 the best. So if you want to invest in one of them, we strongly recommend you go for the Megaboom 3. But if you like the UE Megaboom features, then grab it instead.
FAQ of UE Megaboom vs Megaboom 3
Do they have speakerphones?
The UE Megaboom is compatible with the speakerphone, but the Megaboom 3 is not. This device pauses the music if you get a call.
How long is the average battery life?
These speakers offer up to 20-hours of battery backup on a single charge. But the UE Megaboom drain battery is quicker than the Megaboom 3, so if you want a more extended backup, then Megaboom 3 would be your best pick.
Can I pair up two devices?
Sure, these devices allow you to pair up two devices at the same time and let you enjoy the music.
What are the dimensions of these devices?
The UE Megaboom measures 3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches, while the Megaboom 3 dimensions are 3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches.
You may also read some other comparisons below-
- UE Boom 3 vs Megaboom 3
- JBL Charge 4 vs UE Boom 3
- Bose Soundlink Mini 1 vs 2
- Bose Revolve vs Revolve Plus
- JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Breville Smart Grinder Pro vs Baratza Encore – Which one to pick?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Baratza Sette 30 vs 270 – Choose Baratza Sette 270 & Why?
- Baby Car Seat2022.08.30Chicco Nextfit vs Graco Extend2fit – Check why Nextfit is Better!
- Baby Carrier2022.08.29Ergobaby Omni 360 Cool Air Mesh vs Cotton – Which one is Best!