If you are searching for a portable Bluetooth speaker that will deliver incredible performance, you should pick UE Wonderboom 2. The UE Wonderboom is also a good choice, but the Wonderboom 2 is comparatively better.
Why Should You Pick UE Wonderboom 2?
- UE Wonderboom and Wonderboom 2 produce surround sound, but the Wonderboom 2 deliver surprisingly big sound. Also, it creates additional bass, which is missing on its brother. So, you will get powerful audio from this device each time you play music.
- It is integrated with the new outdoor boost feature not available on the UE Wonderboom. However, the device will instantly boost loudness plus clarity for outdoor listening.
- This little guy delivers up to 13 hours of playback time with a single charge. Besides, UE Wonderboom can last for 10 hours. Hence, the Wonderboom 2’s long-lasting battery is excellent for day trips, biking adventures, or beach detours.
- UE Wonderboom 2 is an IP67 rated speaker, making the device fully waterproof and dustproof. The devices can be submerged in water for 30 minutes or used in any dirty areas, yet the speaker won’t be damaged. In contrast, UE Wonderboom is IPX7 rated while not fully waterproof.
- Both devices are a combined double-up function, but this is better. That’s because it features true wireless stereo so that you get louder sound in mono or either stereo mode.
- The Wonderboom 2 has a rugged body compared to the Wonderboom. It uses athleisure-inspired two-tone fabrics to ensure the durability of the speaker. Thus, you can use this device for years to come.
If you want the cleanest sound from a portable speaker then UE Wonderboom 2 is worth your investment. We highly suggest you consider its best functions and make your best decision.
- UE Wonderboom and Wonderboom 2 speakers are waterproof that can handle any splashes.
- They provide up to two years warranties against manufacturer damages.
Quick Specifications Chart: UE Wonderboom vs Wonderboom 2
|Specifications||UE Wonderboom||UE Wonderboom 2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Sound quality||360° Sound||Surprisingly Big|
|Double Up||Double the Sound||Double the Sound + True Wireless Stereo|
|Battery Life||10 hours||13 hours|
|Water & Dustproof||IPX7||IP67|
|Design||Single-tone fabrics||Athleisure-inspired two-tone fabrics|
|Dimensions||4.2 x 4.6 x 5.3 inches||3.68 x 3.68 x 4.02 inches|
|Weight||14.8 ounces||15 ounces|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences & Similarities Between UE Wonderboom and Wonderboom 2
UE Wonderboom and Wonderboom 2 speakers are compact, at the same time, they are lightweight. You can take these small guys on any big adventures, bike rides, or backpacks. Both of them are drop proof as well which is very convenient.
However, the measurement of Wonderboom is 4.2 x 4.6 x 5.3 inches, while Wonderboom 2 is 3.68 x 3.68 x 4.02 inches. Their weights are 14.8 ounces and 15 ounces, respectively.
The lightweight and compact design make these speakers effortless to carry on the go.
You can enjoy bright, beautiful, yet balanced 360-degree surround sound from these UE speakers. UE Wonderboom and Wonderboom 2 produce crisp, clear sound so that you enjoy the party to the fullest.
But compared to the Wonderboom, the Wonderboom 2 delivers slightly better sound. That’s because it features an outdoor boost. So, the speaker will instantly boost the loudness of the music with clarity. This is perfect for outdoor listening especially.
In addition, they combine with double up while Wonderboom 2 also includes true wireless stereo. Thus, you can play music even in stereo mode on this speaker, which is fantastic.
Easy to Control
Operating these portable speakers is easier and you can do it right from the speaker. The speakers are designed with the Ultimate Ears/UE button which is located on top of the speakers. It allows you to play/skip or pause songs.
You will get long-lasting 13 hours battery life from UE Wonderboom 2, while Wonderboom can last for 10 hours with a charge. Both speakers will give you longer battery life so that you can enjoy the immersive sound. Since these Bluetooth devices have incredible batteries, you can take them for any outdoor activities with your eyes closed.
In terms of durability, UE Wonderboom 2 is more durable than UE Wonderboom. Both are waterproof and dustproof speakers, yet there’s a slight difference.
UE Wonderboom features IPX7 rated whereas Wonderboom 2 combines IP67 rated. And IP67 means the speaker is fully dustproof, at the same time, waterproof. You can take the device underwater up to 1 meter and this won’t damage the Wonderboom 2.
Nevertheless, they come with a two-year warranty against any manufacturer damages. If you face any issue during this period then you can claim for repair.
Furthermore, Ultimate Ears offers a 30-days return policy. If you do not like your speaker, then you can return it. But remember, the speaker should be damage-free!
UE Wonderboom and Wonderboom 2 are fantastic speakers for music lovers. Both are awesome, but we suggest you pick Wonderboom 2. That’s because it has better functions, sound quality, longer battery life, etc. And if you like Wonderboom features, plus okay with it, then go for it.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Wonderboom and Wonderboom 2
|How is Wonderboom 2 when it’s floating?|
The speaker is quite muted while floating, but it makes a great sound underwater.
Can I control Wonderboom without an app?
Yes, you can operate the device without an app as well.
Are they waterproof?
Yes, UE Wonderboom and Wonderboom 2 speakers are waterproof well as they are dustproof.
Does Wonderboom 2 have an auxiliary port?
No, this doesn’t include an auxiliary port. This is a fully Bluetooth speaker.
Can I pair the Wonderboom 2 with Hyperboom?
Unfortunately, you cannot pair this device with Hyperboom.
You may read some other Bluetooth speaker comparisons below: