What Features Made Ultimate Ears Boom 3 Better?
- Ultimate Ears Boom 3 can be accessed from a 150 feet distance via Bluetooth, whereas the Boom 2 has only 100 feet Bluetooth range.
- This device is an IP67 rated waterproof Bluetooth speaker. So there is no problem with dust and water. The other device is IPx7 rated which isn’t waterproof.
- The Boom 3 has a wireless charging feature to easily charge the device, but the Boom 2 doesn’t have this feature.
- Boom 3 is covered in a shimmering two-tone fabric that is specially engineered for extreme applications like motorcycle jackets and fire Equipment that provide ultimate durability. But Boom 2 doesn’t include this option.
- This speaker comes with an updated design and looks very good than the ordinary design of Boom 2.
These are the features that made Ultimate Ears Boom 3 the better option. Boom 3 has the better build quality and will be more durable than Boom 2.
Similarities between Ultimate Ears Boom 2 & Boom 3
- Premium build quality Bluetooth speakers with easy-to-carry design.
- Both speakers are dustproof. So, you don’t need to worry about their durability.
- They have decent Bluetooth connectivity that provides consistent performance.
- There are multiple color variants available. So, you can pick one according to your personality.
- Tripod mount hanger and a bungee hanger in the speakers.
These are the similar functions you are gonna get with both headphones. But if you want a comparatively better sound experience then you have to choose Boom 3.
|Specifications||Ultimate Ears Boom 2||Boom 3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Bluetooth Range||100 ft||150 ft|
|Color||Brainfreeze/Phantom Black/ Blue||Variants Available|
|Product Dimension||2.5 x 2.5 x 7 inches||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches|
|Product Weight||1.2 pounds||1.34 pounds|
|360° Sound||Immersive and Loud||Bold Sound+Deep Bass|
|Updates via App||Yes||Yes|
|Battery||1-Lithium Metal battery required (included)||1 Lithium-ion battery required (included)|
|Battery Life||15 hours||15 hours|
|Warranty||2-Year Limited Warranty||2-Year Limited Warranty|
Detail Comparison of Ultimate Ears Boom 2 & Boom 3
The Ultimate Ears speakers come with an astonishing outlook and solid build quality. They are designed to carry easily and are super portable. The build quality will allow you to move anywhere with this device, whether it’s a rooftop or a swimming pool area.
Boom 3 is designed with two-tone performance fabric that is tough and beautiful as well. There is a bungee hanger in Boom 3 and a tripod mount area in Boom 2 for your flexibility. There are plus and minus buttons on one side and other buttons on the top portion.
There shouldn’t be any objection to the sound quality of the Ultimate Ears speakers. The 360-degree sound delivery will give you the best sound experience you ever witnessed. The sound is engineered and balanced well so that you can hear every note. Boom 3 will deliver you a louder and immersive sound than the Boom.
The Boom 2 & 3 have a decent bass quality with deep and accurate output. These speakers will enhance your party mood with their 360-degree bass delivery design. There won’t be any quality damage to the sound because of the high bass. The sound will stay crystal clear at any bass level.
Ultimate Ears are available in some cool variants of color. The Boom 3 has 6 color variants, and Boom 2 has only Black, Blue & BrainFreeze variants. The Jungle Gray of Boom 3 is very premium designed with some shades in the speaker. You can choose your desired color model from these variants.
These Bluetooth speakers come with a powerful battery and will give you solid performance anywhere. Boom 2 and 3 have a battery backup of 15 hours, so there is no need to panic about the battery while between a party. The Boom 3 has a dock to charge your speaker wirelessly.
You don’t need to worry about if you are partying in the pool area. These are extremely waterproof. The Boom 3 will survive better in the water as this is IP67 rated and will last in water or dust. This can fully be submerged in up to 3.5 feet of water. On the other hand, the Boom 2 is IPx7 rated waterproof speaker and may not survive in water touch.
Durability & Warranty
There is no doubt that Ultimate Ears have one of the best structures of Bluetooth speakers. These speakers are lightweight & also built with high-end materials. There is a 2-year warranty with the devices, and as the manufacturer is Ultimate Ears so obviously, there will be a good after support.
Boom 2 is a simple speaker with some common features. It is not suitable for extreme use. Boom 3 is the latest product, so you are getting the upgraded specs with better sound and a stronger BlueTooth connectivity. If you don’t want to worry about durability, then go for the Ultimate Ears Boom 3.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ultimate Ears Boom 2 & Boom 3
|Does the battery take much time to get charged?|
No, they are pretty fast. It may take around 2 hours to get charged.
Is this compatible with any android phone?
Sure, you can pair this speaker with any of your smartphones.
Do the speakers weigh too much?
No, they are very lightweight. You can carry them easily.
How many color variations are available?
Boom 2 has 3 variations, and Boom 3 has around 6.
Is there a camouflage model like the JBL?
Unfortunately, No. But the colors are great.
Check out related articles from the below links.