What Features made Weber Q-1200 Better?
- Weber Q-1200 has an electronic ignition system, so you can easily start the grill machine. On the contrary, Q-1000 features a push-button which is a bit difficult to start.
- It is compatible with the BILT App, while the Q-1000 is not. The App is convenient and features step-by-step instructions on how you can assemble the machine, set it up, install it, or how you have to maintain the machine.
- Weber Q-1200 is built with two side tables that can be folded, and it provides you extra food preparation space. Besides, the Q-1000 does not contain any table.
- The machine has a built-in thermometer so you can check the temperature level to get a perfectly grilled recipe. On the other side, the older Q version has no thermometer, which is a little bit of a hassle.
Weber Q-1200 would be a better choice for you due to these features, and you can consider replacing your older machine with this one. If you wanna check the price then simply press the button below.
Similarities Between Weber Q-1000 Vs Q-1200
- Both Q-series have the same 189 sq inches cooking area and produce 8,500 BTUs output, you can grill a large batch of food at a time.
- The cooking grates are constructed with rust-resistance stainless steel material to make them last longer.
- Weber Q-1000 and Q-1200 have a 5-year warranty period that ensures tension-free use for a certain period.
- The machines provide a greased pan located beneath the machine; it makes your cleaning very simple.
|Specifications||Weber Q-1000||Weber Q-1200|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Dimension||20.5 x 27 x 23.5 inches||20.5 x 40.9 x 24.6 inches|
|Weight||23.3 pounds||29.2 pounds|
|Foldable Side Table||No||Two Foldable Tables|
|Color Options||One-color available||6 colors Available|
|Stainless Steel Burner||1||1|
|Cooking Area||189 sq inches||189 sq inches|
Differences and Similarities Between Weber Q-1000 and Q-1200
In terms of purchasing a grilling machine, you need to consider the heating output. These two produce 8,500 BTUs per hour, and they contain one burner. Moreover, the machine contains the same 189 sq inches cooking area. The combination of BTUs and cooking areas is enough to prepare any small to medium batch grilled food in a matter of time.
You can find both Weber Q-1000 and Q-1200 use the same temperature ranges that made both grills the same. The temperature range is 250 degrees Fahrenheit: lower temperature, 350-degree Fahrenheit that is medium, and 450-degree Fahrenheit, the highest temperature level. I suggest using the machine at the lowest to medium temperature range as it is safe for you. But if you are in a hurry, then use the highest temperature.
Foldable Side Table
A foldable table is convenient as you do not need to carry any extra table to keep grilling tools. Fortunately, the Weber Q-1200 contains two foldable side tables, but it is not included in the Q-1000. It is an easy storage solution for you that lacks in the Q-1000.
A thermometer is a convenient thing for you when it comes to checking the temperature of the recipe. It shows you the temperature level so that you can set it to your recipe. Weber Q-1000 does not include a thermometer, while 1200 has this. It also helps reduce burning the food that is a very common thing.
Weber Q-1200 is compatible with the BILT app. Besides, the older machine does not include this. The App makes the machine very convenient rather than its competitor. Once you get the machine, ensure you install the App on your smartphone or iOS. The installation is free. When you have the App, it will show you how to assemble the machine, set up it, and take care of the machine. Additionally, it also includes recipes that you can try with the machine.
You can find these two grilled machines are 20.5 inches long and easy to fit to any balcony or small area. However, the width of the Q-1000 is 27 inches, and it is 23.5 inches high. Furthermore, the Q-1200 width is 40.9 inches as it has two foldable tables, and high is 24.6 inches.
If you need an easy-to-carry the grilled machine, select the Q-1000 because it is 23.3 pounds. The Q-1200 is 29.2 pounds, so compared to it, the older machine would be a better option for you as you can easily carry this machine rather than the Q-1200.
They feature a grease management system that includes a catch pan and grease tray. Usually, the greased pan is located under the cook box, but it maintains a safe distance to prevent accidents. However, these make the machines very easy to clean since they catch all residue into them. When the tray is filled, remove it and replace a new one.
Both come with a 5-year warranty, and they are built with stainless steel material that ensures you use the machines for many years. To make them last longer, ensure you clean and take proper maintenance of them. They are rust-resistance, which is a handy addition.
Although both models are portable and convenient to use, plus include the same features yet, the Weber Q-1200 is the best choice for any indoor or outdoor BBQ parties. It features a built-in thermometer, BILT App, foldable side table that is not available on the Q-1000. Weber Q-1000 cannot provide you these features, but it is less pricey. So, if you have a budget issue, the older model could be your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions of Weber Q-1000 and Q-1200
|What is the warranty period of the Weber Q-series?|
The Q-series offers a 5-year warranty, but you can use these machines for many years to come with a little care.
Can I fold the side table?
Yes, the side tables are foldable that save you space, and are a very convenient addition to the machine.
Do they come with a greased pan?
Yes, they provide a removable grease pan that is available on the bottom.
What is the cooking area of Q-1000?
It has 189 sq inches of cooking area, while the Q-1200 has the same cooking area.
Tell me the Q-1200 dimension?
The Q1200 is 24.6 inches high, 40.9 inches wide, and 20.5 inches long.
Check some more Grill machine comparisons below.