If you are looking for a Bluetooth speaker for an outdoor blast, check out the differences between Wonderboom 2 and Boom 3.
What Are the Differences Between Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3?
|Wonderboom 2||Boom 3|
|Wonderboom can last for 12 hours.||Boom 3 delivers 15 hours of battery backup.|
|It provides up to 100 ft BT connectivity.||It provides up to 150ft BT connection.|
|Wonderboom can be paired up with 2 similar speakers.||You can pair this with more than 150+ Boom/Megaboom speakers.|
|Check Wonderboom Price at Amazon||Check Boom Price at Amazon|
What Features Made Boom 3 a Better Choice?
- Boom 3 comes with a powerful battery with a backup of more than 15 hours, while the Wonderboom 2 will give you only 12 hours of battery backup.
- You can control the Boom 3 from a distance of 150ft range. But Wonderboom can be accessed only from a 100 ft range.
- The Boom 3 can be paired with 150+ Boom/MegaBoom speakers, whereas you can connect the Wonderboom 2 with only 2 similar speakers for a stereo sound.
- There are 5 color variations available for the Boom 3, including a stunning Jungle Grey variant. On the contrary, Wonderboom 2 has only 4 color variants of a single color.
- Boom 3 has more powerful bass and sound, and this one is suitable for any party or outdoor purpose.
These amazing features made Boom 3 the winner of these two. For a better musical adventure, you should definitely go for the Boom 3.
Similarities between Wonderboom 2 & Boom 3
- They are IP67-rated waterproof devices that can be totally submerged in water up to 1m for 30 minutes.
- Covered with high-quality fabric material, you can carry them even on extreme adventures.
- The speakers come with a standard battery backup. As a result, you don’t need to charge them frequently.
- It has great sound and bass quality, making your party more enjoyable.
- They can be paired with multiple speakers for a stereo sound.
You are gonna get these facilities with both Bluetooth speakers. But if you want the best sound quality with improved features, you have to go with Boom 3.
Other Specifications Chart
|Specifications||Wonderboom 2||Boom 3|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer battery required (included)||1 A battery required (included)|
|Waterproof||IP67 rated||IP67 rated|
|Battery Life||13 hours||15 hours|
|Bluetooth Range||100 ft||150 ft|
|Product Dimension||3.68 x 3.68 x 4.02 inches||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches|
|Pair Speakers||2 Wonderbooms||150+ Boom/Megabooms|
|Item Weight||15 ounces||28.8 ounces|
|Warranty||2-Year of Warranty||2-Year of Warranty|
Features of Wonderboom 2 & Boom 3
Boom 3 and Wonderboom 2 have different outlooks & shapes. The Boom 3 has a long cylindrical shape, while the Wonderboom 2 is very small.
Both speakers are designed to provide a 360-degree sound covered with high-quality fabric material to last any drop from a decent height.
The Wonderboom 2 has a bungee hanger on the top to carry it anywhere easily. Two large plus and minus buttons on one side of the speaker control the volume.
A magic button is placed on the top to control the playlist with a single touch. Boom 3 also has a magic button & plus and minus buttons.
The speakers are included with powerful batteries so that you can play them at any outdoor party. Boom 3 will provide you with 15 hours of battery backup with a single charge.
A wireless dock is available separately, and you can use the dock to charge your device wirelessly.
This will keep you ready for any musical adventure. The other one, Wonderboom 2, will give you a battery backup of 13 hours. So, you are getting more backup on the Boom 3.
Sound & Bass
There is no doubt that the speakers will provide you a premium sound and bass. Boom 3 has a solid sound that will be great to hear at a high volume.
You will get a deep and accurate bass on this speaker. On the other hand, Wonderboom 2 also has standard sound output.
The surprisingly big sound of this device will surely amaze you. The sound won’t get exaggerated in any level of bass. You are guaranteed an ear-catching sound from the speaker.
The speakers’ sounds will be great to hear from any angle as they are designed with 360-degree sound and bass.
The speakers are available in multiple color variants, so you can choose your desired one from them. The Boom 3 is available in five color variants. They look very premium in color.
The unique Jungle Grey variant of this device looks great with the eye-catching design. There are only 4 variants of color available for Wonderboom 2. So, there are fewer options available for you to choose one.
Magic Button & Waterproof
Both speakers have a magic button on the top to control the playlist. You can play or stop the music with just one button.
The speakers are designed as IP67-rated waterproof devices. Playing them in a pool or at a beachside party is no problem. They are durable against any water or dust.
PartyUp & Stereo
If you want to pair your device with multiple devices for a louder sound and bass, you can do that using the PartyUp feature. The PartUp feature is only available on Boom 3.
You can connect up to 150+ speakers by using this feature.
This will give you the best sound and bass experience without any doubt. Unfortunately, the Wonderboom 2 can be paired with only 2 speakers as this speaker doesn’t have the PartyUp, so you can pair it with only two Wonderbooms for a stereo sound.
The speakers are IP67 rated and built with high-quality materials that make them super durable to use in any environment. Boom 3 is covered with shimmering 2-tone fabric that’s tough and engineered for extreme applications like fire equipment.
I hope you can guess how durable the build quality is. Wonderboom 2 will also be very durable for great build quality.
The speakers are perfect for any environment use. They are drop-proof for a height of 5ft. The manufacturer Ultimate Ears provides a 2-year of warranty for the speakers. But as they are waterproof and drop-proof, you are allowed to use them for a long session.
Wonderboom 2 and Boom 3, are two great speakers from Ultimate Ears. These speakers are perfect for bold sound and clear deep bass. Boom 3 is the better one, with the superb build quality and a powerful battery. So my final recommendation between these two speakers will be the Boom3.
Frequently Asked Questions about Wonderboom 2 & Boom 3
|Are they waterproof devices?
Yes. They are IP67-rated waterproof devices.
Is there any distortion of sound in a high-level bass?
Not at all. The sound is clear in every level of bass.
What is the Bluetooth range to access them?
The range for Bluetooth access is 150ft for Boom 3 & 100ft for Wonderboom 2.
Can I pair them up with multiple speakers?
Sure, you can pair it with more than 150 speakers on the Boom3.
Read more speakers’ comparisons here:
- JBL Charge 3 vs Flip 4
- UE Boom 3 vs Megaboom
- JBL Charge 4 Vs Flip 4
- UE Megaboom 3 vs JBL Charge 4
- UE Megablast vs Megaboom 3
- JBL Flip 5 vs UE Boom 3
- JBL Boombox vs Boombox 2
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43 – Check Why Sony XB43 is Best?
- Gaming Headphone2022.08.31Hifiman Sundara vs HD650 – Which headphone performs better?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3 – What makes Boom 3 a Better Choice?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.30JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3 – Which one is Best?