Between Yamaha EF2200is and Honda EU2200i, the best portable inverter generator would be Honda EU2200i as it has got some advanced functions.
Which Features Made Honda EU2200i Best?
- Honda EU2200i has a GXR120 engine that is 121CC. In contrast, Yamaha EF2200iS used a Yamaha MZ80 engine which is the only 79CC. So, with Honda EU2200i, you will get better power and performance.
- You can operate and monitor Honda EU2200i using your smartphone app, but this amazing feature is not available in Yamaha EF2200iS.
- There is an advanced system installed in Honda EU2200i, which is known as Co-Minder. This system continuously monitors the Carbon Monoxide levels. But the detecting system isn’t included with Yamaha EF2200iS.
- The EU2200i’s noise level is 48 to 57dBA, and EF2200iS’s noise level is 57 to 65dBA. So, EU2200i can operate in lower noise than EF2200iS.
- The weight of the Honda EU2200i is only 40 pounds, and the weight of the Yamaha EF2200iS is 55.2 pounds. So, with 15 pounds less weight, EU2200i is more portable than EF2200iS.
So, while you are looking for an inverter generator, which has modern features, is environmentally friendly, and operates silently, then you should choose Honda EU2200i.
Similar Features of Honda EU2200i and Yamaha EF2200iS
- Yamaha EF2200is vs Honda EU2200i are popular for more power, better performance, and improved ease of use and maintenance.
- The output wattage of these generators is 2200 Watts that allows you to run several tools or appliances.
- The startup systems of these two inverter generators are easy. So, operating these machines will be much easier.
Comparison Chart: Yamaha EF2200iS vs Honda EU2200i
|Specification||Honda EU2200i||Yamaha EF2200IS|
|Editors Rating||4.9 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Style||Portable Inverter generator||Portable Inverter generator|
|Engine||Honda GXR120||Yamaha MZ80 engine|
|Item dimension||16 x 20 x 11 inches||21.9 x 11.8 x 18.5 inches|
|Item Weight||40 Pounds||55.2 Pounds|
|Voltage||120 Volts||120 Volts|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||.95 gal||1.24 gal|
|Output Wattage||2200.00 watts||2200 Watts|
|Noise Level||48 to 57 dBA||57-65dBA|
|Warranty||3 Years||3 Years|
Similarities and Differences: Honda EU2200i and Yamaha EF2200iS
Power and engine displacement:
Both Honda EU2200i and Yamaha EF2200IS are very popular in the market for their engine and power. But Honda EU2200i has a bigger engine displacement than the Yamaha EF2200iS.
EU2200i’s engine displacement is 121cc, and EF2200iS’s engine displacement is 79cc. But both of these motors produce the same power outage. They can produce 2200Watt. You can easily continue using your TV and Lights. But, Machines which may consume higher watts like the micro oven shouldn’t be used.
The fuel tank capacity of EU2200i is .95 gal, and EF2200IS’s capacity is 1.24 gal.
The Honda Brand uses an amazing engine in their inverter generator, which is known as Honda GXR120. Besides, the Yamaha brand uses the MZ80 engine in its generator. But, according to the users, Honda GXR120 produces more energy and is more durable.
Weight and dimension:
The weight of HondaEU2200i is 40 Pounds, and the dimensions are 16 x 20 x 11 inches. Besides, the Yamaha EF2200iS‘s weight is 55.2 pounds, and its dimension is 21.9 x 11.8 x 18.5 inches. You can see that the EU2200i inverter generator is lighter than the Honda EF2200IS. So, you can easily travel with this generator.
Suppose you are using an inverter generator, which is powerful and makes low noise that no neighbors feel irritated. That would be amazing right? Then Go for the Honda EU2200i, as while operating, it produces only 48 to 57dBA. But EU2200i makes 57 to 65dBA, which is so loud and creates irritations.
There is an ultra-modern feature in the Honda EU2200i inverter generator. You can easily control and monitor the operation through your smartphone. You will need an app for this purpose, known as the ‘Honda My Generator App,’ which connects through your smartphone’s Bluetooth.
But, you wouldn’t find this feature in the Yamaha EF2200iS. But EF2200IS has an Illuminated Multi-Function LED Display, so you can see the generator’s status at a glance, both day and night.
Honda EU2200i and Yamaha EF2200IS have a warranty for 3 years which is limited in nature. But, you have to purchase the inverter generator from an authentic product seller. Honda ensures this warranty policy for business purposes as well as industrial purposes. Although these inverter generators have warranties, you have to use them with proper care.
We suppose you are going to buy the best one between these generators. After determining all the work-friendly and modern features, at last, we found out the best one. The Honda EU2200i would be the perfect choice for you. Otherwise, if you don’t need modern features and can bear the higher noise level, you can choose the Yamaha EF2200iS.
Frequently Asked Questions about Honda EU2200i and Yamaha EF2200iS
I have brought a Brand new Honda EU2200i, which smells like gas in the tank. Is that normal?
Yes, it is normal. Because these Honda engines are run in the factory before the package, for this reason, you may have smelled like that.
How does one connect 2 Honda generators?
You will need a parallel cable, which can be found in the Honda Store. Yet, you are restricted by the limit of the power source (15amps for non-friend models).
Can EU2200i run a house should the electricity go out? For how many hours?
The inverter generator is going to produce 1800 Watts. So, this generator can support for a long period, but the duration may be shortened when you use machines like microwaves (1500Watts).
Can I use Yamaha EF2200IS above 4000 fits?
Unfortunately, this generator cannot be used above 4000 fits.
Which one is perfect for optimizing Carbon Monoxide gas?
Honda EU2200i has an amazing Carbon Monoxide monitoring system. Yamaha EF2200IS doesn’t include this feature. So, I think Honda EU2200i may be perfect for optimizing the carbon Monoxide Gas.
Check out more comparison from the below links-
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best